'00 GT Clutch Prob

EmperorXII

Founding Member
Aug 19, 2002
Cincinnati, OH
My clutch was slipping over a year ago and I took it to the dealer to have them check it out. I was told I needed a new clutch. So, I had them replace it. Ever since then I've had nothing but problems with the car. The clutch slips and it doesn't feel like its shifting right. The biggest problem is that I took the car to a different dealer last month and they said I needed a new clutch...so they replaced it (again), it was fine for a few days and then the clutch started slipping again...but now it's also accompanied by the pedal rattling very loud most of the time and a squeaking/ticking-type noise coming from the clutch (the noise stops when I put my foot on the clutch). Sometimes it doesn't make the squeaking noise -- mainly when it's cold out or the car hasn't been driven in a long time. The dealer told me that there's nothing wrong with the clutch and it's supposed to rattle. Any ideas on what this could be and how I would fix it?

• Sponsors (?)

If its slipping again, you must tell them that. When you brought it back, after having the 2nd clutch installed, they only mentioned the rattling?? What did they say about the slipping?

I'm sure its aligned properly because it was installed twice, and worked after fine, for a little bit at least.

What else... hmm... I dont think it could be the throwout bearing. It would have been weird from the first engagement of the clutch, directly after the install.

Any ideas guys?

In any case, you MUST bring it back to them and make it VERY clear that the clutch is slipping AGAIN. Sounds odd that you received that kind of shiity service.

did they change the throw out bearing when they put the new clutch in? im guessing that what it is. my clutch pedal vibrates and there is a ticking noise when the clutch pedal is not on the floor. which is generally the trow out bearing. not sure how much they cost or whats involved in putting one in yet.

nate

i dont know alot about alot, but from people ive talked to here and abroad, ive always been told that when u do a clutch replace, you also do the throw out, as well as the pressure plate. has the plate been replaced also?