00 gt surging from 1000 - 3000rpm?

6swaper

Banned
Aug 28, 2005
My car is car surging from 1000-3000rpm really bad. I have gone to 3 tuners and they can't fix the problem. Any help would be great. This is killing me. Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

A tune up might help, spark plugs, oil change, air filter re-charge, also check all the hoses attached to the intake, like the PCV valve, if it comes loose it can cause surging, try autozone.com they have a symptome diagnostic online sometimes that helps

I am in cali. The motor is all brand new. built bottom end, ported heads, comp mild cams, vortech s-trim, paxtom air to air not even driven 100 miles yet. I have tryed everything and but the car just won't stop surging.

I bypassed the whole supercharger and put a regular intake on it today. It still surged really bad. Do you think my cams could be off timing? Installed incorrectly?

Who installed the cams and has your car ever ran right? If it has ran correctly after the cam install, they wont be off a tooth. You would be able to figure that out as soon as your turn the car on.

6swaper said:
the car has never run right since the rebuild
Then I would look at the installation of the cams to make sure they are not off a tooth or more. They could cause a lot of things, piston to valve issues, no power or issues like you are having.