00 supercharged gt choaking

00 supercharged gt choking

I have a 2000 mustang gt with a vortech s trim and mild comp cams. When I step on the gas at part throttle the car chokes, pops and will not move much at all. I ran compression and it is good. I have a PMS and tryed adding more fuel but nothing is fixing my issue. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I have the anderson ford pms so I will tune it with my tuner (shawn ) but I dont think it is in the tune because when i add fuel or timing etc it still does the same thing. My tuner could not find the problem.

I need more info. When you stay the car chokes, does it hesitate when under load and then recover at a higher RPM? Does it choke and die? Is this a new install of the blower and cams, or something that's popped up recently?

I have a wideband on the car right now and it is about 13.0 - 14.2:1 AFR. And the car choaks really bad under any load at all. I am taking the car to my tuner on thursday we will see if he can find anything this time. I have taken the pms off the car and will try the diablo chip again. Thank you all for your help so far and I will let you know what happends.

IXRsupercharged said:
I have a wideband on the car right now and it is about 13.0 - 14.2:1 AFR. And the car choaks really bad under any load at all. I am taking the car to my tuner on thursday we will see if he can find anything this time. I have taken the pms off the car and will try the diablo chip again. Thank you all for your help so far and I will let you know what happends.

If your A/F is that high, that would be your problem. Mines at 11.5:1 at full boost.