Roush '01 Break Squeal

01sc469

Jul 26, 2005
'01 Brake Squeal

Hi folks -

Possibly a stupid question on my part but I am far from an expert here and would appreciate some advice.

The brakes on my '01 SC vert squeal horribly, particularly after they've warmed up some. This is no small squeal, but rather a very loud scream. My car attracts enough attention as it is, without this extra noisemaker.:bang:

Can anyone suggest possible fixes? Car has 17k miles on it and the 13' brake option.

Much thanks...

EDIT - I'll add some clarification here:

The squeal occurs mainly under light to moderate braking. I can "manage" the squeal (mostly elminate it) by stopping a little harder/quicker than I normally would. Particularly bad with just light brake pressure, like pulling into my garage really gets the neighbors attention. Definitely coming from the front end.

Thanks again!

• Sponsors (?)

I feel your pain bro. My car would make a horrible noise from the front end just after I had new rotors installed. You didn't say what your situation is but for me it would go away when I applied the brakes. I tried having the new rotors turned down a bit because they had a very slight high spot and thought that was causing it, only to find it was still doing it even after that. In the end it turned out to be a bad wheel bearing.

I feel your pain also. My 02 Chevy truck does the exact same thing. When I come up to a stop sign, they squeel like crazy until I either push harder or let up on the pedal. Even when I am going 5mph they will squeel. I located which wheel(Driver-front) was making the noise and took it apart. Both pads and disc were in good shape, so I decided to swap discs. The squeel went away for about 2 days and now it is back:Damnit: Stupid Chevys:mad: The worst part is my warrenty just ran out a couple of months ago.