02 extensions with LT's

So I'm having an exhaust shop put in my LT's and they are telling me that the 02 extensions that I bought don't fit the front plugs but they will fit the rear 02 sensors. I'm assuming I need them for the front and not the rear, correct? That's what the shop says. So now I have a POS rent-a-car for $70 a day and the shop says I need to find the correct 02 extensions. WTF? The place I bought them from said there is no way they are the wrong ones? Any suggestions? I want my car back. :bang:

• Sponsors (?)

drop by the shop and look at whats off, let us know maybe thatll define it more. either way i know with either my MILs or my extendors i had to shave off a little nub [tab] so they would slide in together. might have to do that.

Figured it out. 02 extensions are needed for the rear and not the front 02 sensors, according to Jeg's customer service. So the guys at "Pro-Fix Custom Exhaust" are idiots. They have everything they need and should have been done with my car last week. I'm bringing them the bill for my rent-a-s**t box and they are gonna take that off the price of install. How many times do I need to remind myself that if you want something done right you need to do it yourself.

not to argue with jegs but i think my extensions went on the front and the MILs in the back; i think the extensions belong up front and they are needed to be extended because the positions on longtubes are at teh bottom before the collector, which is much lower than on a standard length up top. i think the shop has the right idea but you need to shave off the two nubs to get them to slide on

I think your right. I was under the assumption that the extensions were needed on the front also. I'll call them and tell the to do whatever it takes to get it running because I want my car back. Then I'll take a look at them when I get home.
Thanks for the input. :nice:

Update # whatever

Well apparently there are tabs on the 02 extensions that need to be taken off. The shop owner said he grinded them down and charged me $20 for that. He also said my gaskets wouldn't work, the original ones, and had to buy 2 sets because the first ones he bought "didn't work out". The thing that sucks is, I'm driving home and I can hear a ticking noise when I drive by other cars or walls. I'm assuming that's an exhaust leak. I'm taking it back next weekend and telling them to fix the leak.
As far as the LT's go, they sound mean as hell, and loud. When I was taking off from stoplights, with traffic on both sides, I could see people turn thier heads to look at the car. It's that loud. And I wasn't even getting on it, which is a different story entirely. I had a 25min drive home and my cheeks are sore.

I got Mac ceramic LT's with Prochamber and Mac Flowpath cat-back. I'm not a MAC guy or anything, but I've read pro's and con's of LT's and I think for the price, ~419 shipped, I had to go with them. The prochamber is sweet and the cat back was my first mod purchase so I can't be blamed for that either. The cat back hits all the time over bumps. I only have steeda springs. I have taken it to multiple shops to fix it and they all say they did, charge me money and then I hit a bump and bang. This whole exhaust thing has been a pain, but it sounds so damn sweet.

I'm about to get longtubes and mac catted H installed this week, can't wait for the sound and power. Are gaskets needed with a ball and socket connection (between the headers and H-pipe)? So do the o2 extensions go in the front then? And you don't need extensions in the back? Just wanna get everything straight so I'm not missing anything.

[QUOTE='03GTinFLA]I got Mac ceramic LT's with Prochamber and Mac Flowpath cat-back. I'm not a MAC guy or anything, but I've read pro's and con's of LT's and I think for the price, ~419 shipped, I had to go with them. The prochamber is sweet and the cat back was my first mod purchase so I can't be blamed for that either. The cat back hits all the time over bumps. I only have steeda springs. I have taken it to multiple shops to fix it and they all say they did, charge me money and then I hit a bump and bang. This whole exhaust thing has been a pain, but it sounds so damn sweet.[/QUOTE]

I just got MAC LT's and a O/R Prochamber with Packs put in recently as well. Did you have any problems with the Check Engine Light? Throw any codes?

I am throwing two codes right now:

P0135 AND P1131.

P0135 - Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Heater circuit fault - Bank No. 1.

P1131 - Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1.

Trying to figure out how to correct this.