'02 GT Owner Needing a Little Help

matty02gt

Jul 5, 2009
I'm new to the forum and looking for a little guidance...
I've got an '02 GT with about 60k miles on it. The only mod I've done is put a K&N Air filter on it in about 3 years. I've finally got some money stashed away from the wife and was looking to upgrade.
I've considered headers (long and short tube), X and H pipes (cat and catless), exhaust systems, chips, tuners and the works. I just don't know what's going to be the biggest bang for my buck or what pieces work well together (kinda got overwhelmed with all the options). What I'm really looking for is some added power without having to start upgrading the suspension.
Any help with what I should do or what's worked for you would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I'd say start with a catback exhaust system for sound and some gears for performance. Gears are definitely the best bang-for-the-buck mod on the 4.6's.

As for headers, dont waste your time/money on short tubes. Get some longtubes.

Also, if you don't live in CA, go catless on your exhaust. MUCH better performance/sound.

The car's in Washington state right now, but registered in Pennsylvannia (I'm military), so as long as I don't get stationed back in PA I won't have to worry about emissions.
You guys have any brands for the exhaust? I was looking at Magnaflows for the mufflers, but am clueless about the X/H pipes or headers.
Thanks for the help so far.

As for the goals, I'm looking to keep this car for a long time and keep throwing money at it when I have the chance. It'd be nice to have it sitting in the garage for my kids when the go off to prom (long term). Short term I'm looking at adding some performance and sound till I save up some more money and actually start looking at upgrading the suspension.
Sorry it's taking me so long to get back on the posts, but I'm deployed right now, so finding time to get on the internet is a little scarce.
Thanks again for the help.