03 Cobra boost gauge question

I just bought an 03 Cobra and I noticed that when I get on it the boost gauge pegs hard. I thought stock was supposed to be 8 psi max. Is the stock gauge just not accurate or what? The car has 2400 mi on it and appears to be totally stock except for removed air silencer and replacement filter. It doesn't look like the blower pulley has been changed but I can't be sure. What do you guys think?

• Sponsors (?)

Take the guard off and measure the pulley Diameter. Stock is 3.65inchs Just a 1/2 inch difference which with the guard on and trying to eyeball it may not be noticeable and will peg the gauge.

Cobraguy18 said:
I just bought an 03 Cobra and I noticed that when I get on it the boost gauge pegs hard. I thought stock was supposed to be 8 psi max. Is the stock gauge just not accurate or what? The car has 2400 mi on it and appears to be totally stock except for removed air silencer and replacement filter. It doesn't look like the blower pulley has been changed but I can't be sure. What do you guys think?

What was the temperature like outside when you were "pegging" the boost gauge? When it's cold out (like in Ohio right now) you'll see more boost because the air is more dense. I can see as much as 10 psi on my stock pullied Cobra first thing in the morning, but by the afternoon once it's warmed up the boost is back down to around 8 psi.

U.M.