03 Cobra engine in a 97 GT?

• Sponsors (?)

The motor will fit in, the trans will bolt up, but you will need to get a different hood, I don't think a stock 94-98 hood will close over the 03 Cobra motor. To get back to the technical issues, this is a swap you will want a performance shop to do, as it is very extensive, and costly. You will need the 03 harness and computer. The 97 GT motor is coil pack, and the 03 is coil on plug, there will be more involved than I even know, you should just have a performance shop inform you.

The swap is timley because of the wiring and what not. You can reuse your stock computer/Wiring Harness/Etc.. (Like Roger-4.6-96 said). The one that we did here in the shop had a cowl hood and tell you the truth I didn't even look to see if it would clear in a stock hood app. Not sure. The snout of the supercharger does sit up a tiny bit high. (But if you dont want to get an cowl hood or an different hood..and there was clearance issue one thing that we can do is build you an Tublar K-member with the motor mount perch's dropped down an 1" or so. That way the motor will fall down in the engine bay a little bit more...give you the extra clearance). There is a couple more things that you will need to make the swap work as well. Here they are: Custom Brackets for Heat Exhcanger, Heat Exchanger (Might as well go with an aftermarket one if you have the moeny...We use and recomend: FLP's), Water Pump for the air/water system for the supercharger, Connector for the water pump, Water Resivor (99.00 Dollars at ford for the factory one...or we have a bigger one that we use that works really good..) but this resivor is for the water for the supercharger system, 5/8" Hose For the water system, Some hose Clamps, New Throttle body cable and Cruise cable. You will also have to relcate and make brackets for your coil packs. We used aftermarket fuel rails on the one that we did...but you might be able to reuse your stock ones...just probably have to make some new brakets to mate up with the mount points on the lower intake/and Fuel Rail...but I would recomend going with some aftermarket ones.....we have a couple of brands that we sell that will work good for that setup, You will also need to upgrade your fuel pump...Depending on the power level you want to be at..you can do an Hi-flow 255 Intake and T-rex inline....for staying around the mid 400 range...if you want to make more power than that...then we can do an twin pump setup and still use the inline pump and that will feed you plenty anough fuel, and you will also have to Relocate the Alternator/wiring For the alternator. You will also have to get you an different mid pipe. That almost everything that you will need to make the swap work properly. Its not to bad just timely. If you are instersted in doing this swap and have any tech questions feel free to call or email me or PM me anytime.....I have a guy here local that just pulled his motor out of an 03...and he is doing an built stroker with one of custom TT setups. So I think he is trying to get rid of it.....I can find out if you want me too.. But yeah if you have any question feel free to contact me. You will love the setup in the car...makes good power and of course can't beat the sound of the supercharger!:D

awesme guys thanks. i already have a 3 inch cervinis hood. i hane the wiring harness and canget the computer too. i will def get a shop to do the install. thanks agin for the help so far and any more help would be great.

53BigDog said:
awesme guys thanks. i already have a 3 inch cervinis hood. i hane the wiring harness and canget the computer too. i will def get a shop to do the install. thanks agin for the help so far and any more help would be great.

You going to be making a trip to the local ford dealer to get the PATS system setup for the computer. Don't forget about that.