03 Cobra Exhaust Question

• Sponsors (?)

What kind of exhaust are you running? My bassani catback on my 03 cobra has baffles in the exhaust tips. Bassani claims improved performance with the baffles out, but I have'nt pulled them out because my "X"haust is loud enough with the bassani o/r x pipe. :p

2003 Cobra
Bassani Catback
Bassani o/r x pipe
denscharger cai
Pro 50 shifter
MGW shifter handle
409rwhp-Dynojet
390rwtq

EvilEyez said:
What kind of exhaust are you running? My bassani catback on my 03 cobra has baffles in the exhaust tips. Bassani claims improved performance with the baffles out, but I have'nt pulled them out because my "X"haust is loud enough with the bassani o/r x pipe. :p

2003 Cobra
Bassani Catback
Bassani o/r x pipe
denscharger cai
Pro 50 shifter
MGW shifter handle
409rwhp-Dynojet
390rwtq
Right now my exhaust is stock all except for the back 2 cats being gutted... I'm about to put a o/r X-pipe and some Mac flow path mufflers on it though.... so removing the baffles DOES improve power, but makes the car louder, right... I think I'll remove mine, after all, nothing says lovin like a loud mouth small block Ford :nice:

Bullett003 said:
Right now my exhaust is stock all except for the back 2 cats being gutted... I'm about to put a o/r X-pipe and some Mac flow path mufflers on it though.... so removing the baffles DOES improve power, but makes the car louder, right... I think I'll remove mine, after all, nothing says lovin like a loud mouth small block Ford :nice:

Those baffles on the stock cat back are there for heat.
So your tail pipes dont turn gold.

Im sure if you find away to remove them you wont notice anything.

EvilEyez said:

2003 Cobra
Bassani Catback
Bassani o/r x pipe
denscharger cai
Pro 50 shifter
MGW shifter handle
409rwhp-Dynojet
390rwtq
Hey man, I just noticed you had a pro 5.0 shifter and a MGW shifter handle... well I recently installed a pro 5.0 shifter on mine and I like it, but with the handle they gave me I have to reach to get it into gears... what is this MGW shifter handle, what does it look like, and where could I pick one up??? thanks, Travis

BEATNGU said:
Those baffles on the stock cat back are there for heat.
So your tail pipes dont turn gold.

Im sure if you find away to remove them you wont notice anything.

Youre right.... I dont think you can remove them without cutting them out. Arent they welded on