03 Cobra front bumper parts & fitment?

I was lookin into gettin an 03 cobra front bumper and a 4" cowl hood. Other than the bumper what other parts will i need other than the foglights, and I'm having a hard time finding part #'s for the other parts I need to go with the bumper. SO if anybody has done this and has part #'s or names of parts or wants to refer me somewhere that be great. Also with a different hood should I have any clearance issues like I know that happens with stock GT hoods wasn't it just a gap from hood to bumper over the headlight? Thanks :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

Don't know anything about the hood you have referenced, but here is the Cobra info. Remember to double check the part numbers before you order anything so you don't get stuck with an incorrect part (just in case of type error on my end).

COBRA FRONT END PART NUMBERS (bracketed items are just the computer abbrieveated part names.....just use the numbers if ordering)
Front bumper cover [CVR ASS] --- 2R3Z17D957BA (list $478)
Front bumper valance [PNL-FRT] --- 2R3Z17626AAA (list $85.22) The valance is affixed to the lower portion of the Cobra bumper cover.
Fog lamp bezel [BZL-FOG] --- 2R3Z15B438AA (list $13.38)
Fog lamp bezel [BZL-FOG] --- 2R3Z15B438BA (list $13.38)
one is right the other is left
Fog lamp [LP & BS] --- 2M5Z15200AA (list $89.18) Don't forget to order 2 of these!!!!
Wire splice kit [KIT WIR] 1U2Z14S411BCA (list $20.12) Don't forget to order 2 of these!!!! This kit lets you use Cobra electrical connectors spliced in the the GT wires (complete kit including; connector, wires, and heat shrink material for the splice).

'03 Cobra hood
Hood [Hood AS] --- 2R3Z16612AA (list $760)
Hood liner/insulator [INS ASS] --- 2R3Z16738AA (list $94.54)
Hood vent --- [SCRN HO] --- 2R3Z16C928AAA (list $22.70)
Hood vent --- [SCRN HO] --- 2R3Z16C929AAA (list $22.70)
one is right the other is left

These are all list prices and if you shop you should be able to get these much cheaper. For instance I paid $418 for the hood, $52 for the hood liner, $263 for the front cover, $7.36 for the fog lamp bezel, $46.87 for the valance (front panel), $49.05 for a fog lamp.....etc

You can click the link in my signature if you wanna see pics of those parts on my car.

Hop

Thanks alot Hoppy I really appreciate thAT AND TAKIN THE TIME. You've got a sweet setup and a good page on sound domain its one of the few I've ever takin' the time to look all the way through. Where did you get your parts from for the cobra change and what did you use to paint your interior paint? Thnaks again

Hella Sweet Ride!

true blue blood said:
Thanks alot Hoppy I really appreciate thAT AND TAKIN THE TIME. You've got a sweet setup and a good page on sound domain its one of the few I've ever takin' the time to look all the way through. Where did you get your parts from for the cobra change and what did you use to paint your interior paint? Thnaks again

That's one sweet ride you've got there man! How much did all that cost you? Body parts, supercharger, etc..= $hitloads!

true blue blood said:
I was lookin into gettin an 03 cobra front bumper and a 4" cowl hood. Other than the bumper what other parts will i need other than the foglights, and I'm having a hard time finding part #'s for the other parts I need to go with the bumper. SO if anybody has done this and has part #'s or names of parts or wants to refer me somewhere that be great. Also with a different hood should I have any clearance issues like I know that happens with stock GT hoods wasn't it just a gap from hood to bumper over the headlight? Thanks :nice:
do it and show us all :drool: i have yet to see a true blue with the 03 cobra set up

true blue blood said:

Thanks for the kind words!!!!

I got them from a dealer in Orange County, where I got an employee discount via my brother. I have other family members (= discount) associated with AutoNation too, but they didn't come close to the price I was able to get at my brothers place.

I can recommend you contact Randy Stinchcomb 410-655-2000 parts ext 404
Randy Stinchcomb is also on the Modular Depot board/forum. He is the manager of a Ford Parts department in Ohio, and usually does the forum members up right.

Also check Gene Evans Ford in GA. GEFRacing I got my rims for a killer price from them, even my tire guy couldnt believe how low the price was.

There was one more but I can't remember the name or find the link :shrug:

Anyways....You're gonna really dig the car when you get it put on :nice:

2002BLKGT said:
That's one sweet ride you've got there man! How much did all that cost you? Body parts, supercharger, etc..= $hitloads!

Thanks for the kind words. I think I'm into it for 16-18K....kinda afraid to tally it all up. To think I was the guy whining to his friends saying it was crazy to pay 30K or better for any vehicle :rlaugh:

But I've always wanted a hot rod....... and you know it all starts with "I'm just gonna lower it" then the bug bites ya, you're doing overtime to pay for parts bla bla bla. I think if someone would have told I would have spent this much.....I woulda' bought a Corvette, maybe Z06 (bite my tongue....a Chevy...ahh what the heck budget supercar).

Hop

trublustallion said:
do it and show us all :drool: i have yet to see a true blue with the 03 cobra set up

Here you go...

27129640-6c15-02000180-.jpg

You have to redrill the holes for the 2 screws that attach the part in between the grille and the headlight. Just move them back as far as you can push the top of the bumper and the hood will close fine. I had a Mach 1/Grille Delete combo, so I just reused my grille delete parts. The GT and Cobra grilles are shaped slightly different, so you would notice that, even though no one else will. The only part I don't like about it is that there is a huge gap from where the intercooler should sit. I haven't found any material yet to make a lower grille, but I'd like some heavy mesh to paint black and place behind the opening, just to keep the gap less visible.

FordTaurusSHO94 said:
You have to redrill the holes for the 2 screws that attach the part in between the grille and the headlight. Just move them back as far as you can push the top of the bumper and the hood will close fine. I had a Mach 1/Grille Delete combo, so I just reused my grille delete parts. The GT and Cobra grilles are shaped slightly different, so you would notice that, even though no one else will. The only part I don't like about it is that there is a huge gap from where the intercooler should sit. I haven't found any material yet to make a lower grille, but I'd like some heavy mesh to paint black and place behind the opening, just to keep the gap less visible.
anyway you could take a picture of this?

or what you did exactly?

I had a wreck a few days ago, and have to replace the bumper. I ordered an 03 Cobra Bumper w/fog lights. I was told there was no issues with it fitting. Also, if I purchase a billet grill for an 03 Cobra would it fit w/o any problems? or do you think the hood would affect something.?

Thanks in advance...

Here's some random stuff.

I'd like ghost flames or something, but don't wanna spend that much. I was thinking maybe put a 35th anniversary stripe on the hood to go with the rest of the blue and black theme. Or should I just leave it alone?

Anyways, these 3 are my old setup. What sucks about these pics is that I installed my grille delete, changed my oil, detailed the heck out of the car, took some of the best pictures I've taken of it, then went out and wrecked it about 4 hours later. Oh well, it led to the Cobra bumper. The funny thing about that was that I thought I ordered an 01 Cobra bumper. I almost sent the 03 back, but went ahead and put it on, even though it was primered and missing all the accessories. I liked it and ordered the rest of it and had it painted. Ignore the 4x4 look in the pics, I hadn't gotten my springs in yet.

29387216-e398-02000180-.jpg

29387217-2db8-02000180-.jpg

29387218-ad92-02000180-.jpg

Anyone care to loan me $80,000?

29387055-8c68-028001E0-.jpg