03 cobra or 03 mach 1

i have a post like this in the mach 1 forum but i wanted to ask the cobra guys.
would i be better to get a mach 1 for $15,000 and add $2000 worth if bolt ons then a $4500 blower. or save a little extra money to put down and get an 03 cobra for $24,000. i just havent done any research one what to add or how much it costs to make 450 to 480 at the tires on a cobra. (i dont think its possible with the mach) one of my friends has a 91 hatchback with a 351 making 450 at the tires another one has a lightning making 475 at the tires so id like to be in the neighborhood.

• Sponsors (?)

The Cobra is a much better foundation to start with since it has all forged internals and is factory equipped with a super charger. It's made to handle boost whereas the mach is not. Your horsepower potential is much greater with the Cobra.

On the Cobra a full exhaust and a CAI netted me 440RWHP, that's at stock boost. I added a 2.93 upper (25% overdrive on the Eaton) and I was up to 465RWHP. Add a ported blower and you will get to 500RWHP. `

U.M.

To add to Meat, you get a tough 6 speed tranny, IRS, forged internals, and unlimited potential. You buy a Mach for 15k, then add 5k plus for a blower, and youre sitting at what a Cobra costs with a factory blower. Like Meat said, the potential is almost limitless. Read up on what hp a turbo on a Cobra will get you...