03 Cobra PCM shut down!

drush01

Jul 11, 2006
My 03 cobra shut off on me while sitting at an intersection the other day. I tried to crank it back up but the theft light would just blink and the odometer showed all dashes...I had a tow truck take it to my house and I left the PCM unplugged overnight and the next day it cranked with no issues...I drove it a couple of days afterwards and noticed a slight miss around 1300rpms in 6th gear...Then, a check engine light came on. I used my Predator to pull the codes and it gave me the following codes:

P1000 - Readiness Tests incomplete
P1001 - KOER test unable to complete/aborted
P0121 - Throttle position circuit performance failure
P0753 - Shift solenoid circuit A failure

I went and bought a new throttle position sensor and replaced it just for kicks, and cleared the codes, but the check engine light came on again and gave me the same codes...I have checked, cleaned, and tightened all the ground wires on the radiator core support, the one by the PCM, and the ground strap from the engine to the car. Can someone please help?? I am stumped! I didn't even think these cars had a shift solenoid!

• Sponsors (?)

I can tell you that once you disconnect the battery or ECM it will take several driving cycles before the P1000 & P1001 codes clear. Those codes mean that the ECM hasn't had enough drive time to learn the fuel trim tables and such all over again. Dive it a few more times and those first two codes should clear themselves. As for the other two I'm unable to help you.

U.M.