03' Cobra pulley & chip...

kc camp 03'

Founding Member
Feb 28, 2002
New Jersey
This has been mentioned 1000 times, but didn't pay enough attention to it til I decided I wanted to do it. I want to go with a 2.93 pulley & diablo predator. Is this chip self programmable with my mods ( magnaflow catback, steeda CAI ) plus the pulley, of course or do I need to have the car professionally tuned at a local shop. I'm in Jersey, so I'm fairly close to JDM Engineering or Crazy Horse.

• Sponsors (?)

kc camp 03' said:
This has been mentioned 1000 times, but didn't pay enough attention to it til I decided I wanted to do it. I want to go with a 2.93 pulley & diablo predator. Is this chip self programmable with my mods ( magnaflow catback, steeda CAI ) plus the pulley, of course or do I need to have the car professionally tuned at a local shop. I'm in Jersey, so I'm fairly close to JDM Engineering or Crazy Horse.

When you ask, "Is this chip self programmable" are you referring to the Predator? The Predator does have a generic "pulley tune" built in, but I'd only use that to get the car to a dyno and then have the car's A/F checked and a custom Predator tune installed & tweaked. Every Cobra is a little different and the one-size-fits-all tune that comes built in may or may not be right for your car.

I highly suggest you purchase your Predator from a source that also includes custom tunes. Many of us bought our Predator from James at RWTD. (http://www.runninwiththedevil.com) James provides free custom tunes for as long as you own your Predator! He comes very highly recommended.

U.M.