03 cobra / stock 1/4 mile times and dealind with wheel hop

just4bob50

Apr 2, 2005
Pa.
I am asking these questions for my friend who just bought an 03 cobra vert. He was wondering what they ran in the 1/4 pretty much stock. Also the car has problems with wheel hop off the line. Any easy fixes for the wheel hop.

• Sponsors (?)

Times really depend on the driver and how bad you want to beat on it. A good driver can get mid/high 12's out of a stock 03-04' snake. An average driver not power shifting can see low/mid 13's. As far as wheel hop goes, a good set of tires and some suspension mods will do a lot to get rid of some of the wheel hop, but it will always rear it's ugly head. Damn IRS.:nonono: Springs, bushings, struts, sub-frames will all help. Don't forget about the IRS brace, a must mod for these.:nice:

Dr. Wu 2000 said:
Times really depend on the driver and how bad you want to beat on it. A good driver can get mid/high 12's out of a stock 03-04' snake. An average driver not power shifting can see low/mid 13's. As far as wheel hop goes, a good set of tires and some suspension mods will do a lot to get rid of some of the wheel hop, but it will always rear it's ugly head. Damn IRS.:nonono: Springs, bushings, struts, sub-frames will all help. Don't forget about the IRS brace, a must mod for these.:nice:

:stupid:

U.M.

Solid mount the IRS cage to the body with Alu bushings. Solid mount the Dif to the front and rear mounts with Alu bushings. Replace all the upper and lower IRS bushings with PTFE impregnated kevlar lined sphericals. be sure to add a Dif brace. Dont use the Alu one. Use steel.
As far as 1/4 times.. I have no clue. I dont 1/4 mile. My tracks are usually over 2.5 miles long :)