03 mach vs 05 gt?

• Sponsors (?)

:shrug: in case anyone was considering picking up an 03/04 Mach1 (cheap) or spending for a new 05/06.
I guess there never was an exact question. Just my opinion.

and as my late Grandpa would've said to his advarsary when arguing a point "You are entitled to your wrong opinion."
God I miss that man. :rlaugh:

rickman said:
:shrug: in case anyone was considering picking up an 03/04 Mach1 (cheap) or spending for a new 05/06.
I guess there never was an exact question. Just my opinion.

and as my late Grandpa would've said to his advarsary when arguing a point "You are entitled to your wrong opinion."
God I miss that man. :rlaugh:
Sorry to hear about your grandpa :(

In any case, I had the choice of a new base 05 GT or a 04 Mach. I made mine based on personal opinion too, but also the fact that 4V > 3V :D

tylers65 said:
No worries,

We have had about 5 of these threads and they ALL turned into fights and got locked.

I seem to remember threads along this line from before the crash. Didn't realize it was a can of worms :bang:
(Of course I couldn't comment then cuz I hadn't picked up the 05 yet.)

nuff said :nono:

98StangRidah said:
Oh, I don't mean to turn it into one. I think so far, rickman and I just stated our opinions. :shrug:

I know that is not your intent.

Unfortunately, 10 people can be in this thread discussing the differences in a civilized manor. But it only takes one guy with manhood issues to ruin the whole thing.

That my freind is a hard question to me...

Put them next to each other and I would go with the 05 GT, I beleive.

I would pick the Cobra over the 05 GT but IMO, the Mach doesn't add enough to overcome the superior build of the 05.

Again, all my opinion, like them all.... :hail2:

Yeah I had that option, plus a left over 2004 GTO. The GTO is just too bland. I can't get over how it resembles a cavalier. The Mach and the GT are really even in terms of power, although the 4V motor probably has more potential. But the 05 feels so much better to ride in. Plus the 94-04 bodystyles never did much for me. On the other hand I really love the styling inside and out on the 05. I really think just based on the stiffer body and styling I would take the 05 over an 04 Cobra. You can always supercharge the 05 and end up the same in the end.

In the end they are all great cars and you can enjoy them for the rest of your life if you're happy with you're car, as it seems you are. :nice:

Don't kid yourself. Equalling power potential of an 03 / 04 Cobra is far more difficult than you may think.

Now choosing the 05 over the older cars makes plenty of sense to me, I can see where any one would want one. However, please don't validate your purchase by saying "well hell, just slap a supercharger on it and it is just as fast". It is not, and the Cobra guy has many inexpensive HP gains up his sleeve.

:cheers: Enjoy your car, spring is finally here.

Yeah, I don't think you should be comparing Cobras and GTs. I think my insurance is high enough with the GT so I don't really want a Cobra for that reason, but I still know power wise it is much better. I would take a 05 Mustang over a Mach (already have lol) for many of the same reasons Redfire 05 said. It just plain looks better (to me at least) and is built better. Not saying Machs are bad though, if someone gave me a good deal on one I wouldn't mind having it :nice: .

[QUOTE='01SilverBullet]All Mustangs are nice, you guys need to get off this competition BS with each other. We're all part of the same family.[/QUOTE]

My bad. I wasn't trying to fight about it. I was just stating my reasons for choosing the 05.

[QUOTE='sawman70]
Don't kid yourself. Equalling power potential of an 03 / 04 Cobra is far more difficult than you may think.
Now choosing the 05 over the older cars makes plenty of sense to me, I can see where any one would want one. However, please don't validate your purchase by saying "well hell, just slap a supercharger on it and it is just as fast". It is not, and the Cobra guy has many inexpensive HP gains up his sleeve. [/QUOTE]

Sorry, It was an off the cuff statement. As I said the reasons for my purchase have more to do with the design and stiffer body. I've had powerhouse cars before and I'm okay with 300hp GT. I like my car pretty much the way it is. In all honesty the thing I envy Cobras owners over is the independant rear suspension. That would be cool!

The truth is, the 05 is a great car. A better car, the best mustang ever built. Each one made in the past was an important step in getting here and those who have paid for, owned and loved these past, less than perfect cars are your brothers. A Mustang is a Mustang and you will quickly light the fires of arguement when (even unintentually) you belittle an older car.

Sorry to sound so sappy. The bottom line is, I could trade in my car tomorrow for an 05 (if I could find one). But I will not because I happen to like mine, a lot. Not that it is any better, just happens to suit me just fine.

My god this is sappy, I'm posting it anyway. :(

I don't know if I did, but if I offended any fellow stangers in my previous post then I am sorry. I was just stating the reasons why I would purchase a new mustang over the slightly older Mach. I like all Mustangs, I just like the new ones better because I think they look more like classic stangs. :cheers: