04 GTO v 04 GT

GTO vs GT

OK, the GTO is faster. Now lets compare sales numbers. Too bad the GTO is/was so ugly, and so expensive few people bought it. The mighty GTO has gone to the same place the other Mustang competitors have gone! GTO-RIP!

• Sponsors (?)

celticstanger said:
Actually, it aint a bad pic:D

Saw a classic GTO-sale-going-down-the-toilet moment this w/e -

drove down to Mission Viejo to pick someone up for our bus trip into LA, from the local bar to Staples Center for Lakers v Clippers. Get to a light down there, right by a GM dealership, and an 05 GTO rips out of the parking, making a right turn on a red, but only made it because he floored it. We're the first car in lane 2, who do you think is RIGHT behind us? Yup, Johnny Law! Hits the lights and sirens, pulls past us and hauls the guy over.:(

Kudos to the salesman if he saved THAT sale!

Cool story. Yeah, they may not have sold as well as expected, but I do like mine. They (GTO) will be back in 08/09 to continue to chase the ponies around. :) I am interested in the Challenger when it comes out also. Either way, I'm saving my pennies now. Until then, I still need a head/cam package.
Actually, I haven't visited Stangnet in a while and thought I would see what was up and came accross this old thread.

Thunder Road said:
Thanks for your service, you are a great American. You (and Doc)can still put the GTOs where the sun dont shine. I can find a GTO forum if I wanted one.
Have a great day.

Wow, are you a little sore about this thread??? I could fix that for you! Nothing wrong with a little comparision now and then. Also, that last two times this thread came back to life, it was the 05GT guys. Each time that happens my "BAT" signal goes up and alerts me of GTO Vs. GT resurrection :rlaugh: .

GOLDENPONY said:
OK, the GTO is faster. Now lets compare sales numbers. Too bad the GTO is/was so ugly, and so expensive few people bought it. The mighty GTO has gone to the same place the other Mustang competitors have gone! GTO-RIP!

They sold what they were suppose to ~15K/year. That's all Aussi land could build. They though that they could make 18K but didn't happen. Also, the new GTO will be out in 2008. They are skipping 2007. It's ALIVE . . . .:flag:

Doc GTO said:
Wow, are you a little sore about this thread??? I could fix that for you! Nothing wrong with a little comparision now and then. Also, that last two times this thread came back to life, it was the 05GT guys. Each time that happens my "BAT" signal goes up and alerts me of GTO Vs. GT resurrection :rlaugh: .

Now Doc you know I have replied to several threads along these lines in much the same manner. I harbor no ill will towards you or the guy who started this thread. I know you are the forum mod, a car guy,and have a pretty mean GTO (read abgout it here on the 05 Mustang forum) and I'm sure should we ever meet I'm sure we would get along great. I like a lot of different cars, muscle cars in general, Fords in particular. However, everyone knows the GTO has a bigger motor, more horsepower etc.
I mainly browse another forum, but it has grown so much it is having trouble accomadating the traffic load. SO I slum here once in awhile. :rolleyes:
I realize this is an old post revived, but I dont want to read about GTOs or whatever brand x in the o5 board. Maybe we need a GENERAL car talk forum? Or a Comparison forum.

Thunder Road said:
NHowever, everyone knows the GTO has a bigger motor, more horsepower etc. I realize this is an old post revived, but I dont want to read about GTOs or whatever brand x in the o5 board.

Well, I come to this forum sometime to research parts and to check out the competition. This time I was researching tires. I think this forum, as well as a couple of other forums, have happy car enthusiasts for the most part. Lighten up...don't read the thread "with 04 GTO" in it if you don't like to read about GTOs (you do have that choice). :p