04GT vs. 05 S2000

04fullitgt

I shower with poo
Nov 13, 2006
Crest Hill, Illinois
I have a kid that wants to race me this weekend, he's running an 2005 S2000, bonestock. I havent had a problem handling the earlier models with the 2.2L (atleast I think thats whats in them) but he said he has a 2.0L in it I think. I dont know hondas that well so if im wrong i dont care. Basically he said he cant go to 9000 rpm's like the older ones can. Im running a 04 gt with a 5spd, CAI, catless X, bassani catback, and a diablo tuner. And before i see this........:Track: ......let it be known that I am going to the track to do this. I may be stupid, but im not stupid enough to race on the street.:nono:

What do you think my chances are?? I havent ran against one of these yet so thats why im asking.

• Sponsors (?)

evos and sti's suck from a roll b/c of the AWD. the only time they rock is from a dig...

yep...this is true. I have raced my friends evo 8 (Bolt on Modded) from a 30 MPH roll and a beat him by a car a half because of the damn turbo lag.

....Evo's and Sti can launch at 6,000, dump the clutch, and just Go.

....only Sti's can...if a ERX tries it will just break it :D self

drivers race IMO. if you can drive you should have him bagged. if you fubar the launch you take away the only advantage you have against him, once he gets moving hes better at a roll, his powerband is all up top and he has a 6spd which means hell be in that powerband the entire time past 20mph. if he can launch better than you, then you might also be screwed.

with a good driver in an s2k they can run 13.7s at 101ish. very quick little cars they just lack torque so yea if you do screw up your launch your done you wont catch him. but take him off the line and your set his vtech wont help enough to pull back

last night an s2k with exhaust and intake was there and this was an 1/8th mile track. temp was 78 degrees DA of 1800ft he was running anywhere from 9.8s at 73 to the low 10s at the same speed needless to say that thing was slow. his 60's were in the 2.1 range so that just shows ya there low end torque is some trash.

Oh and just to throw this out there i ran a best of a 7.0 aat 105 on my bike 60' of 1.85 only mod done to the bike is lowering straps in the front and thats it.:nice:

if i run a 6.9 they will kick me off the track cause i dont have full leathers right now just a jacket. So i am saving up for those.