05/06 Mustang GT Center Wheel Caps

tapd117

Oct 3, 2004
Texarkana, AR
Am I the only one in the Mustang Forum that thinks Ford really missed it with the Ford Blue Oval center wheel caps on the 05 Mustang GT. I know the 06 came out with the new running pony logo, but I was hoping for something more substantial.

I can't find anywhere that has center caps for the stock 05 bullit wheels with something like a cobra logo or maybe a GT center cap that jumps out and grabs ya.

What do other forum members thinks?:shrug: Just my thoughts.......

• Sponsors (?)

I think every manufacturer feels the necessity to get the company logo onto every vehicle. In this case, they skipped it on all the body panels and grille. So what's left is the wheels. The good news is you can get new wheels, or new caps are available...

Do these work? (I haven't looked at what fits what): http://www.fordracingparts.com/download/charts/021.pdf

Even better is that you can't see the caps when you're driving, and neither can anyone else!

Point well taken when you drive; however, when you are showing your car it does become important, ie, that's why there is a long list at ford racing, however, the wheels changed on the 05 & 06.

They have a nice selection, but none fit.......

I saw a thread on this a few months ago and he had the pony center caps. Here is the part number he gave me for them: 6R3Z1130E

I haven't checked on the price yet, but I think you can get them at any dealership.

Hope it works out for you.

gneal said:
I saw a thread on this a few months ago and he had the pony center caps. Here is the part number he gave me for them: 6R3Z1130E

I haven't checked on the price yet, but I think you can get them at any dealership.

Hope it works out for you.
that part # is for the upgrade wheel . i got them way better then the blue oval

05 Center Cap Replacements

Has anyone found another option other than the new 06 running pony logo caps for the 05 Mustang GT Bullit 17 inch wheels that will work????

I bought a set of four new running pony 06 caps, but that is not what I'm really looking for..........

What about the 03 or 04 black SVT center caps, anyone done this mod and will they work on an 05 GT Bullit?