05/6/7 cdc shaker hood pics?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks Tom - that looks really good. I need something to spice up my plain jane white hood and I think this would be perfect. The fact that in addition to looking badass it's semifunctional is icing on the cake. I'm going to a stang show this Saturday and hopefully someone there will have one so I can check it out in person. I found a few more pics at cdc's site too: http://www.classicdesignconcepts.com/catalog/itemdisplay/634.html

Did you install it yourself? I looked at the instructions - they look pretty straighforward and I'm thinking I might be able to do it myself if I take my time over a weekend.

Would still like to see more pics if anybody's got some.

I installed it myself- took just over 3 hours. I was talking to an installer at Brenspeed, and he said it's been taking him about 3 hours too.

As long as you can get over the initial fear of cutting your hood, it's actually a very easy install. The hardest part for me, was actually finding the best blade to cut the hood with my jigsaw. I tried a set of name brand blades from the neighborhood True Value store, thinking they would be better than the crap you find at Walmart. And they were better, but still I went thru a 6pk in like 5 minutes. Finally, if I remember right, I bought a 32 TPI DeWalt blade, and it cut thru the hood like BUTTER. It could not have been easier after that!

Also FYI, check out www.mustangtuning.com periodically- that's where I got my Shaker kit for $699 delivered.

Tom