05 body in white!

jackchan

Oct 17, 2004
Mobile Alabama
has anyone here ever built up a "body in white" from ford? We ( a buddy and myself) are thinking of building a body in white......05 mustang to drag race. Nothing mind shattering, just something simple, reliable and pretty quick.
Jack

• Sponsors (?)

its cheaper to buy a v-6 sell the parts you arent goign to use .. simple fact.

it costs thousands and thousands to get the interior parts and wireing etc etc to finish off a body in white.

most chassis shops will tell you this .. its just plain cheaper by the time you sell the stuff you arent going to use off to buy a v-6 and start from there.

its cheaper to buy a v-6 sell the parts you arent goign to use .. simple fact.

I can't see that being the case. Its gonna be a race car, so it won't have any interior except the dash, and a seat. For the simple fact that we want the car as light as it can possibly be. Less weight means quicker times from less horsepower. The engine combo/wiring will be vintage 89-93 mass air with A9L computer...old school style. The important parts will be aftermarket and new anyway. It's not going to be a Billy glidden beater.......it's gonna just be something simple/realistic.
Jack

My friend has a 03 BIW and they come with nothing. I would think by now you could source front / back glass and some interior stuff used, NHRA requires some kind of door panels, ect, guess you could go the lexan route also.

In order to buy a body in white...(they are very limited) you need to show racing credentials.

"Now, Ford Racing has been able to procure a limited number of these bodies from the production line for off-road use only. Racing credentials and history will be verified prior to sale (non-VIN vehicles are illegal for highway use). MSRP is $3,500."

I8URVTEC said:
In order to buy a body in white...(they are very limited) you need to show racing credentials.

"Now, Ford Racing has been able to procure a limited number of these bodies from the production line for off-road use only. Racing credentials and history will be verified prior to sale (non-VIN vehicles are illegal for highway use). MSRP is $3,500."

thats what i said.....

bigcat said: