05 dynoes at 275rwhp and 292rwtq stock

SVTdriver said:
What did your 2005 camaro dyno?

LoL, clever!

My latest take on the Ford vs. GM is hey, they're both domestics.

Mustang always outsold the Camaro by at least a 2:1 ratio since the Camaro was concieved. In the end, it was outselling close to 5:1.

F-Body has for the most part always been faster. If I made an all out drag car I would probably start with a SBC 350 base. But I don't, I actually like enjoying my car on the street.

But I'd take a domestic RWD V8 any day over an EVO, or a WRX, or a 350Zzzz. I just happen to prefer Mustangs over everything else.

• Sponsors (?)

I think the only competition Ford is worried about is the sales figures. They know that if they build a decent platform to work from the people that want to go fast will make that happen (be it straight line or corners). I'll go out on a limb and say that I'm pretty sure the Mustang will out sell the Camaro in 05 :D

It's okay, all you little F-body buyers that have nowhere to go because they stopped making your cars are welcome to come over to the Mustang side. We open our arms to you. Once you go Ford, you'll never be bored.

DCP_0007.JPG

Attachments

• DCP_0007.JPG
    DCP_0007.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 78
TheEvII said:
It's okay, all you little F-body buyers that have nowhere to go because they stopped making your cars are welcome to come over to the Mustang side. We open our arms to you. Once you go Ford, you'll never be bored.

DCP_0007.JPG
Isn't that the picture from the acticle "347 ways to smoke an LS1"? In which they built a 347 and added a s/c...just to beat all motor LS1's :rlaugh:

Attachments

• DCP_0007.JPG
    DCP_0007.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 84
ttown said:
the Mach's run 255 to low 260's but the 4 speed auto isn't as good as the new model.

I have physically seen quite a few 03/04 mach 1s on the dyno, in fact I went to a mach 1 specific dyno day where over 50 mach 1s got dynoed and not one of them dynoed under 273 rwhp the most a mach one dynoed was 301 to the wheels and it had underdrives and a magnaflow catback, but it was a freak.

mattkimsey said:
Isn't that the picture from the acticle "347 ways to smoke an LS1"? In which they built a 347 and added a s/c...just to beat all motor LS1's :rlaugh:

Nope, they built a 331 that would easily whoop a modified LS1, they just installed the blower to add insult to injury lol.

795.0pacecar said:
I have physically seen quite a few 03/04 mach 1s on the dyno, in fact I went to a mach 1 specific dyno day where over 50 mach 1s got dynoed and not one of them dynoed under 273 rwhp the most a mach one dynoed was 301 to the wheels and it had underdrives and a magnaflow catback, but it was a freak.
Seems like it would be a drivers race between the Mach and '05 5spds. and auto.

795.0pacecar said:
Nope, they built a 331 that would easily whoop a modified LS1, they just installed the blower to add insult to injury lol.
A naturally aspirated 331 would be very lucky to make the power of a cammed ls1 with 400-430rwhp. 97% of the 331's over in the 5.0 forum make 320-370rwhp. :rolleyes: