05 Eleanor

Rocket Sauce

Jul 6, 2004
Excellent%20copy1.jpg

So does anyone want a car thet looks like this? I am very ready to make it a reality. Come on aftermarket, don't let me down!

• Sponsors (?)

Rocket Sauce said:
Excellent%20copy1.jpg

So does anyone want a car thet looks like this? I am very ready to make it a reality. Come on aftermarket, don't let me down!

I'm sure there are people that would like the car to look like that. ButI'm thinking the aftermarket isn't going to make the 4 seater into a 2 seater (Unless you consider a rear seat delete as getting rid of the back seat). They are also not going to give you a glass roof. But you might get the redesign of the front end to some extent. But it is a nice photoshop of the concept.

Mustang people treat Gone in 60 Seconds and Eleanor like tuners treat the Fast and the Furious and the main character's green Eclipse. Yes, they were nice cars but you don't have to copy them. Do something original. All that aside, the car in that picture is the concept car, not the production car, so it will never exist.

attachment.php

manicmustangman said:
Mustang people treat Gone in 60 Seconds and Eleanor like tuners treat the Fast and the Furious and the main character's green Eclipse. Yes, they were nice cars but you don't have to copy them. Do something original. All that aside, the car in that picture is the concept car, not the production car, so it will never exist.

attachment.php

A desire to emulate Eleanor is not a sin. :shrug:

No, but his point stands. You guys with this Eleanor thing are ridiculous. IT WAS A GIRLS NAME USED IN A MOVIE to personify a car that NEVER ACTUALLY EXISTED. It would be like F-body guys wanting to make their cars look like KITT. And crying to GM when they didn't offer a Knight Rider edition. It's called reality, come back.

OT: that photochop looks just like the GB MUSTANG KIT. for those who dont know it is a fox platform with a beefy motor, similar fiberglass body, and a $45,000 price tag. they may have went out of business since i cant find their website to post . but i got pics at home.

SVTJayC said:
No, but his point stands. You guys with this Eleanor thing are ridiculous. IT WAS A GIRLS NAME USED IN A MOVIE to personify a car that NEVER ACTUALLY EXISTED. It would be like F-body guys wanting to make their cars look like KITT. And crying to GM when they didn't offer a Knight Rider edition. It's called reality, come back.

Or more like the bandit editon trans am........ wait a minute, gm did make that!! It has been done more then a few times int he past with diffrent makes right from the factory, most recently the xmen rx8. And by the way, you would be suprised at how many homemade Kitt's there were (and still are) running around.

SVTJayC said:

Ever heard of Bullitt?

Rocket Sauce said:
So does anyone want a car thet looks like this? I am very ready to make it a reality.

I particularly like that that is has hood and side scoops. Sorry, but the lack of any scoops on the S197 really bothers me. Hopefully, with this proposal, they will all be functional.

falchulk said:
And by the way, you would be suprised at how many homemade Kitt's there were (and still are) running around.

I had a Firebird (sorry for using the F-word here) back then, and there was actually an aftermarket company who made "kitt" kits. Basically, a replacement front bumper/nose with red LED's in the middle.

Anyone see the Rides from last week? A company in Texas is selling replica Elenores with official Shelby registry and rebadged VINS for MAJOR cash. They are selling so fast they can hardly keep up.

falchulk said:
Anyone see the Rides from last week? A company in Texas is selling replica Elenores with official Shelby registry and rebadged VINS for MAJOR cash. They are selling so fast they can hardly keep up.
Unique Performance..

And yes, they sell good, but it sucks because they are pretty much taking alot of the fastbacks left and turning it into those cars :notnice:

SVTJayC said:

hardly the same thing. KITT was a gay show with gay acting for a lame 80s crowd.

Aside from the cheesy acting in "Gone..." the car chase was and still is incredible. But, with that said, I don't have an Elanor fetish or would I ever want to own a clone of one.

Hmm... aside from Smokey and the Bandit I can't think of any good movies where a camaro/firebird was the central star of the flick...