05 Eleanor

jadesville said:
Unique Performance..

And yes, they sell good, but it sucks because they are pretty much taking alot of the fastbacks left and turning it into those cars :notnice:

First of all I have to defend Unique Performance because my friend works there... and secondly... why does it suck that they are taking the fastbacks and turing them in to "those cars"??? Do you understand that Unique Performance is actually building "those cars" in to authentic "Shelby" Mustangs with approval of Shelby of America in Las Vegas...!!!

These are not replica's!!! These are authentic Carroll Shelby Mustangs with his signature and badging... the motor's come from Shelby, etc...

If you think this sucks then you are saying you think all Shelby Mustangs suck because they are the same.

Know the facts... :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

jcm3man said:
First of all I have to defend Unique Performance because my friend works there... and secondly... why does it suck that they are taking the fastbacks and turing them in to "those cars"??? Do you understand that Unique Performance is actually building "those cars" in to authentic "Shelby" Mustangs with approval of Shelby of America in Las Vegas...!!!

These are not replica's!!! These are authentic Carroll Shelby Mustangs with his signature and badging... the motor's come from Shelby, etc...

If you think this sucks then you are saying you think all Shelby Mustangs suck because they are the same.

I guess I'll step up to the plate on this one. I personally think it sucks. But not for any reason you gave. The fact is there are not nearly as many fastbacks out there as coupes. And to see more of them being lost to the average consumer (lost meaning they cannot be restored by someone not paying whatever the minimum for these new shelbys is). To me sucks. Though it does in a sense make my fastback more valuable. Since stock fastbacks are obviously becoming more rare. Don't get me wrong. I like the "new" shelby. But while it may have shelby emblems, signatures, and motors. The extra body kit and exhaust were not shelby originals in design or production. So in a sense these are just shelby authorized replicas of a movie car. Which happened to feature a car he "built" (Obviusly he did not build eleanor, a movie company did. But this is just one of my little problems with the movie).

OK... I am not trying to make this get ugly so here is my final .02

I appreciate the perspective of losing some of what available fastbacks are "original"... but here is another perspective for you to think about...

First of all the fastbacks that are acquired for these builds are in such bad shape that they are usually beyond the average person's budget to restore any how and if they were going to be restored by a private party they have had 40 years to do so and it didn't happen... so for a company built by enthusiasts getting there hands on these cars, in one sense, is a rebirth for the car as opposed to sitting and continuing to rot.

Also these cars are more available than the above statement because there were approximately 200,000 fastbacks built from 1964 1/2 to 1968. And they are available because Unique Performance is locating them on a daily basis. I understand the point of having the ability to have your own project car but that should not have anything to do with Unique Performance... they build the cars on a limited basis and have no more than 75 cars total. They also only build 3-4 cars a month at full production speed. Not to mention that those of you that like this "Eleanor" car and had the money would buy the car. Those who do not like the car, that is your opinion, but you also don't have to buy the car either...

Now as far as the car being a movie car... and built by a movie company... that is not true to a point. The car was in fact designed and built by Chip Foose of Foose design... and the car is 85% original with a few cosmetic changes. I also think the car has credibility because: 1... the original movie used a mustang and 2... the car was designed by the #1 car designer in the country.

The car was originally approved and endorsed by Carroll Shelby before being put in the movie and i'll say this again the cars that Unique Performance build are in fact authentic Shebly Mustangs!!! They are re-VIN tagged by Ford as Shelby Mustangs, this is exactly how Shelby built the first product Shelby Mustangs in the late 60's. The only difference is that Shelby had new Mustangs from the factory and Unique Performance is building the cars from used original Mustangs.

But remember these are in fact "AUTHENTIC SHELBY CARS"!

Remeber that this is just a continuation of the orginal Shelby concept of taking a factory stock Mustang and modifying it the "Shelby" way!

Now all that being said I still love original fastbacks and I also love project cars, but being that I am a Mustang enthusiast turned hot rod shop business owner, I can appreciate a bunch of car enthusiasts putting together a business and building a car that is no longer just a movie queen but can be bought and driven by any who can afford it.

Remeber this....!!!!!! Ford recently put together this same business plan before Unique Performance did and everyone thought it was a huge success in the market... It was called the "Bullit"... ring a bell???

Who cares if they are Shelby crap. That old codger is a ******* and all he cares about is money. He has devoted his life to either designing outrageously priced mustangs and cobras or taking original mustangs and doing so with them. Because of him hundreds of fastbacks are gone from my budget and from the market of original mustangs. Because of him, the price for a standard fastback is through the roof. And they dont just take beaters. On top of that, he really is a jerk. I've been at several events he has been at and he either refuses to be seen or you have to be special to meet him. I'm sick of hearing about Shelby!! His stuff isnt that great and all these baby-boomers kiss his ass like he's god. So he throws a big block in a car with some extra headlights and scoops. Oh WOW, thats amazing!! Alot of people that work for him so he's a jerk. He caters to the rich that can afford his cars. For a little more than what they charge for those pieces of crap, you can commission Troy to build you a one-off original that was never a junkyard queen and is the only one of its kind. I cant wait till that turd dies!!

jcm3man said:

I knew the facts to begin with, its my opinon and im entitled to it. Maybe you should put yourself in the shoes of someone who wants to own an original fastback.

jcm3man said:
OK... I am not trying to make this get ugly so here is my final .02

I appreciate the perspective of losing some of what available fastbacks are "original"... but here is another perspective for you to think about...

First of all the fastbacks that are acquired for these builds are in such bad shape that they are usually beyond the average person's budget to restore any how and if they were going to be restored by a private party they have had 40 years to do so and it didn't happen... so for a company built by enthusiasts getting there hands on these cars, in one sense, is a rebirth for the car as opposed to sitting and continuing to rot.

Also these cars are more available than the above statement because there were approximately 200,000 fastbacks built from 1964 1/2 to 1968. And they are available because Unique Performance is locating them on a daily basis. I understand the point of having the ability to have your own project car but that should not have anything to do with Unique Performance... they build the cars on a limited basis and have no more than 75 cars total. They also only build 3-4 cars a month at full production speed. Not to mention that those of you that like this "Eleanor" car and had the money would buy the car. Those who do not like the car, that is your opinion, but you also don't have to buy the car either...

Now as far as the car being a movie car... and built by a movie company... that is not true to a point. The car was in fact designed and built by Chip Foose of Foose design... and the car is 85% original with a few cosmetic changes. I also think the car has credibility because: 1... the original movie used a mustang and 2... the car was designed by the #1 car designer in the country.

Remeber that this is just a continuation of the orginal Shelby concept of taking a factory stock Mustang and modifying it the "Shelby" way!

Now all that being said I still love original fastbacks and I also love project cars, but being that I am a Mustang enthusiast turned hot rod shop business owner, I can appreciate a bunch of car enthusiasts putting together a business and building a car that is no longer just a movie queen but can be bought and driven by any who can afford it.

Remeber this....!!!!!! Ford recently put together this same business plan before Unique Performance did and everyone thought it was a huge success in the market... It was called the "Bullit"... ring a bell???

There are a few slight flaws in your logic. And while I can appreciate your point of view. You are not really making good comparisions. I personally have nothing against Shelby making money or anyone else making money.

Ok first being beyond the average persons price to restore. So $99k is a bargain for the base model? Consider that many of these mustangs could be completely restored for less than $50k by another shop. Which while still too expensive for most of the average restoration budgets. It is half what they want for a restored and modified Shelby.

Now as for them being more available. That is only partly true. Sure there may be more people looking to sell now. But due to the fact that there will now be competition to buy them. It only pushes the price of the originals up even father out of the average buyers price.

Ok wait a minute. So the car was designed by by Chip Foose. So he and Carroll Shelby are interchangeable? Uh no they are 2 different people. That should then make it a Chip Foose redesigned Shelby. So shouldn't Mr. Foose sign off on this car?

I never said that I could not appreciate what they have done. Merely that this makes it harder for someone else to get into the classic mustang hobby.

And lastly Umm yes I have heard of the Bullit mustang. However they didn't take a 94-98 mustang and do the modifications to make it a bullit. They took cars currently in production and built the Bullit editions off of those. Completely different than taking a car that will never have anymore built and modifying them.

Anybody meet Jack Roush yet? I mean I dont know if it's appropriate to compare him really with Shelby, but I look up to that man more than I do to Carroll Shelby, I've had the chance to meet Jack on two different occasions...the man reminds me of my own grandfather! Great guy, cares about his product....All around kick ass....

SVTdriver said:
And lastly Umm yes I have heard of the Bullit mustang. However they didn't take a 94-98 mustang and do the modifications to make it a bullit. They took cars currently in production and built the Bullit editions off of those. Completely different than taking a car that will never have anymore built and modifying them.

You have a good point but I was only trying to tell that one guy that it's not so bad to want a replica of something in a movie.

szer0 said:
You have a good point but I was only trying to tell that one guy that it's not so bad to want a replica of something in a movie.

And there is nothing wront with wanting a car out of a movie. But saying that the bullit edition is the same as eleanor. Is inncorrect. And my whole problem with the eleanor and GT350SR is they take away mustangs that others could use. If they had gone to junkyards found wrecked fastbacks. And used fiberglass bodies (There are enough parts in restoration catalogs to nearly build an entire car). Then they would not be taking away from someone who cannot afford the higher prices. And while they may have made over 200K of them. I can guarantee that many have not survived the past 40 years.

SVTdriver said:
And there is nothing wront with wanting a car out of a movie. But saying that the bullit edition is the same as eleanor. Is inncorrect. And my whole problem with the eleanor and GT350SR is they take away mustangs that others could use. If they had gone to junkyards found wrecked fastbacks. And used fiberglass bodies (There are enough parts in restoration catalogs to nearly build an entire car). Then they would not be taking away from someone who cannot afford the higher prices. And while they may have made over 200K of them. I can guarantee that many have not survived the past 40 years.

Point taken.

That old codger is a ******* and all he cares about is money.
Possibly the most ignorant statement I've ever seen on this site. Ever heard of the Shelby Children's Foundation? Do you have any idea how much of the proceeds from licensing projects such as the Sanderson Ford and Unique Performance deals go directly into the Foundation, NOT towards swimming pools or rolexes?? No, doesn't sound like you have a clue about anything regarding that. How much have you done for charity lately?? How many kids lives has your foundation saved "Smock"?? I thought so...

On top of that, he really is a jerk. I've been at several events he has been at and he either refuses to be seen or you have to be special to meet him.

:rolleyes: I was at Las Vegas Speedway several years ago for a (now defunct) Mustang Museum event-slash-car show that Shelby attended. The public was welcome, and thousands were on hand. Shelby was there, roaming the field, smiling, shaking hands, having an overall good time.

Geez, did Shelby back over your dog at some time in your life? Did you cry yourself to sleep because he was at a show and he didn't come over and spend the afternoon sipping beers and shooting the $hit with you?? Shelby did something with his life, starting with nothing. He took Ford to LeMans and won. What have you done?? I doubt enough to give you the provenance to crap on Shelby's accomplishments.

Shelby is the man! Look at what he did for Ford's racing legacy! He is a class act!

Jack Roush is a great guy too and does many things for many people. He is very lucky to have survived his plane accident and he is thankful for the old guy that saved his life!

Both of them have done many things for Ford and its only going to increase over the next several years!

" In turn, they will build a custom Eleanor motorcycle at their shop in New York.* The construction of the two cars and the motorcycle will be featured in a special two-hour segment of their show, “Orange County Choppers" during the upcoming season."

This ought to be funny... :D

"Get the FFF-beeeeep out of the super snake Jr, Jesus I am sick and tired of you acting like a fff-beeeping 12 year old." "But pop, I just want to get a feel for this car so I can build a bike, you don't understand how these things work pop!" "Pop how about we fit a 725HP Shelby V8 into the bike?" "Yeah that sounds right, oh yeah I like that... FFF-beeping crazy"

peyotesands said:
hardly the same thing. KITT was a gay show with gay acting for a lame 80s crowd. .

I think you are painting with a very broad brush when the simple fact of the matter is that only the car was gay. When that show was on, I pictured Kitt holding a Virginia Slims pinched between his thumb and index finger, drinking a wine spritzer, and wearing a mauve, open-chested safari suit with a Mr. Furley scarf wrapped around his neck. That forever ruined the Bird for me.