05 GT or Mach 1

Personally if it is a used car, I would go with a Mach 1. The reason being is that it is rare compared to the 05+ GT.

For those of you who think that the 05+GT is heavy some food for thought. From my own personal experience with Mach 1's. Personally I think the 05+ Mustang is better looking than the 94 - 04 models.

On the same day, same scale, right after the other, I weighed my 05 GT and my buddy weiged his 04 Mach 1. Both of our cars have 5 spd manuals and had full tanks of gas, full weight, completely stock, no driver or people in either car. My car weighed 3476 lbs to his 3488 lbs. The newer GT's are not as heavy as you think they are and the Mach 1 is not as light as you think. The Mach 1 was fully loaded, my car has these options:

4.6L 3V
5 Spd TR 3650
IUP
Active anti-theft
Leather seats
Shaker 500
Bullitt wheels
Side Airbags

Had I ordered the Shaker 1000 stereo system, it would have added some weight.

As for which one is faster, my buddies Mach 1 *feels* faster but in reality, his car ran slower than mine did side by side at a 1/4 track. With me driving his car, I got it to run within 3 tenths of a second of what my best was with my GT is. That is the best pass his car has run to date, 3 tenths slower than mine, and it was done the same day as I ran my best.

Some more food for thought. This is the mod list of a 04 Mach 1 that is a registered member at Stangnet and runs his car at the same track I go to. I am posting his signature.

Nitto's 275/40/17's
Ford Racing 4:30 Gears
PHP Spacer
Hurst Line Lock
DiabloSport Predator
Custom X-pipe
Flowmaster 40 Series
K&N Aircharger (CAI
SS Inserts
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter
MGW Accessories
AutoMeter - Air/fuel, Volts, D-Pic
NGK Iridium Spark Plugs
Bullit Fuel Door
Custom Ford Racing Decals
[Best E.T 13.7 at 103 mph with 3:55's in
Best E.T 13.5 at 101mph...with 4:30's in

My 05 GT has run 13.7 @ 101 with just a SLP axleback and MT ET street radials.

I do believe that it is a driver's race between the 2. I have a few Mach 1 owners that have 05+ GT's as well and they all say the same thing.

• Sponsors (?)

Personally if it is a used car, I would go with a Mach 1. The reason being is that it is rare compared to the 05+ GT.

For those of you who think that the 05+GT is heavy some food for thought. From my own personal experience with Mach 1's. Personally I think the 05+ Mustang is better looking than the 94 - 04 models.

On the same day, same scale, right after the other, I weighed my 05 GT and my buddy weiged his 04 Mach 1. Both of our cars have 5 spd manuals and had full tanks of gas, full weight, completely stock, no driver or people in either car. My car weighed 3476 lbs to his 3488 lbs. The newer GT's are not as heavy as you think they are and the Mach 1 is not as light as you think. The Mach 1 was fully loaded, my car has these options:

4.6L 3V
5 Spd TR 3650
IUP
Active anti-theft
Leather seats
Shaker 500
Bullitt wheels
Side Airbags

Had I ordered the Shaker 1000 stereo system, it would have added some weight.

As for which one is faster, my buddies Mach 1 *feels* faster but in reality, his car ran slower than mine did side by side at a 1/4 track. With me driving his car, I got it to run within 3 tenths of a second of what my best was with my GT is. That is the best pass his car has run to date, 3 tenths slower than mine, and it was done the same day as I ran my best.

Some more food for thought. This is the mod list of a 04 Mach 1 that is a registered member at Stangnet and runs his car at the same track I go to. I am posting his signature.

My 05 GT has run 13.7 @ 101 with just a SLP axleback and MT ET street radials.

I do believe that it is a driver's race between the 2. I have a few Mach 1 owners that have 05+ GT's as well and they all say the same thing.

not trying to knock you or anything but if thats all that car ran theres something wrong, with those mods the mach should be running mid 12's.
back when i had pretty much the same mods i went 12.83@109 on street tires.

not trying to knock you or anything but if thats all that car ran theres something wrong, with those mods the mach should be running mid 12's.

Exactly...I have a buddy with an 03 mach with similar drivetrain mods, some minor weight reduction, stock suspension with crappy cut BBK springs, & Mickey thompsons, & he ran a best of 12.4.....

:rlaugh: A 13.7 Mach with all those performance mods is all I need to see. That's by far the SLOWEST time I've ever seen for a Mach with that many mods. On both Mach1Registry and Stangnet their are Mach owners who have run 13.1-13.25 BONE STOCK. Please show me an '05+ GT that has done that and I'll shut up.

Actually a stock 05 GT did go 13.2. There was a video of it around here and other sites. I am looking for it to prove my point. That said, I have seen what these cars do side by side. I have driven both and the fact of the matter is, it is a driver's race stock for stock. I haven't seen anything in person to show otherwise.

My car ran 3 tenths faster than an 04 Mach 1 5 spd on the same day. I drove that Mach 1 to it's best time. My buddy was actually about half a second behind me. My car's only mods are SLP LM axleback exhaust and MT ET Street drag radials. My buddies 04 Mach 1 has a Magnaflo cat back and Nitto drag radials.

I am not saying that the Mach that went 13.5 with all those mods is good. I have said in the past that he can't drive the car, especially with the 4.30's. The fact of the matter is, my car is right there with his and no where near the mods.

For those that are claiming the Mach 1 is faster, have you seen them run side by side down the track? Or are you looking at different tracks, different days and comparing times. To me, I don't give a flying **** about what a car runs anywhere, the only thing that matters is what they run side by side on the same track on the same day. That I have been a part of.

At this point I'd buy a new GT but I wouldn't trade my Mach for one, if that makes sense.

I like the Mach as is but with the new Mustang, I'd def need at least a new hood and a ducktail spoiler.

Exactly...I have a buddy with an 03 mach with similar drivetrain mods, some minor weight reduction, stock suspension with crappy cut BBK springs, & Mickey thompsons, & he ran a best of 12.4.....

Must be the altitude or something cause the one time I took my car to the track when it was bone stock, with just 500 miles on it, I ran similar time and traps on a cold November day with 2.lololoxx 60 fts.