05 Mustang closeouts

• Sponsors (?)

Kyle F said:
What about dealer Holdback?

:owned:

what about it? Do you realize that people like yourself that want to go into holdback are the reasons why the american car manufactures are on the brink of bankruptcy. How do you expect a dealer to stay open and profitable (to service your vehicle) if you guys are buying at holdback numbers!

Better yet, use the same mentality when you are at a bar and they charge you $6.00 for a draft beer that probably cost them .25 cents! I would love to see the bartenders face when you ask to see the invoice or offer to pay less than that!

ok since you obviously have no clue about dealer holdback let me try to explain real quick. Dealers do not actually own the cars they have on their lot they pay what is called floor plan on them which is basically just interest. So heres how it goes down when a car is sold ... If I sell a GT at 2% over invoice my commision is going to be about $80 but my dealer has a minimum of $100 per deal so I will make $100 then my manager will get his cut of it and then whatever is left is shown as profit for the department. So now you see that I made a whole $100 for about 3 or 4 hours of work and yet you still want holdback so lets see where that goes ... Remember the interest thing from earlier, well holdback is there to assist the dealer in covering that intrest but it usually only cover 80-90 days worth so if we have a vehicle that is 12-180 days old it has already burned through all of its holdback and some of the holdback from another car. Right now holdback is the only thing keeping some dealers from closing the doors for good ... If it wasnt for holdback do you really think there would be dealerships operating simply by selling cars at invoice or a little over???

I dont understand why you think you should get a car at pure cost employees dont even get that!!! Would you walk into a cafe and tell the waiter that you wanted to see how much money they spent to make your coffee and then bitch cause they marked it up? I dont understand why americans think american cars should be free but yet they will go pay sticker for a BMW or Mercedes. This is america pay the extra money and keep some americans employed so they can feed their families!:flag:

First off the US auto industry is in trouble thanks to the UAW. Wages and benefits are way to costly for the auto manufacters. As Ive said before Im a non-union worker, yet when I buy a car I have to pay the insane wages that union workers receive.

Thats one reason an import is an attractive option. Purely on price alone.

So lets look at this poor dealership that is barely keeping the doors open. First I bet the owner is on somekind of public assistance. HA HA.

US Dealerships have made themselves out to be a bunch of greedy bastards. Look at the difference between wholesale and retail on a late model car. Usually 4-5k difference. Shop labor of $100+ an hour in the service department. Tacky add-ons that add no value to a car like life insurance, fabric/paint protection, warrenties, dealer mark-ups.

US Dealerships are just plain greedy. Consumers are more often refusing to put up with thier BS, and the consumer is much more educated and better informed, thats in large part to the web.

If US automakers want to stay in business they need to can the UAW, and get control of the stealerships.

Otherwise, they are on thier way to a smaller market share every year.

Guys settle... I was just making a comment that there was other profit to be made.

Yes UAW has driven up the price of US cars... but the designers making ho humm cars doesn't help.

Look at the Success of the Mustang and Solstice so far... they are really just meetin demand. They are cool, interesting cars. :nice:

Come on GM and FOMOCO... lets see more great cars.

Oh and just because it has an American name on it... doesnt mean more of it was made in america or by more americans that a car with a forign name on it.

Oh... and for the Record... I didnt expect to buy my Mustang under invoice... but if I was looking at a Focus.. they better or I am buying a Civic (as an example).

:nice:

XStanger said:
what about it? Do you realize that people like yourself that want to go into holdback are the reasons why the american car manufactures are on the brink of bankruptcy. How do you expect a dealer to stay open and profitable (to service your vehicle) if you guys are buying at holdback numbers!

Better yet, use the same mentality when you are at a bar and they charge you $6.00 for a draft beer that probably cost them .25 cents! I would love to see the bartenders face when you ask to see the invoice or offer to pay less than that!
Um, no. More like the price = $6.00, but the bartender wants to f@#$ with you and make a bit of extra cash on the side, so they charge you $6.50.

joshman1204 said:
I dont understand why americans think american cars should be free but yet they will go pay sticker for a BMW or Mercedes.

Then let me explain it to you:

Americans don't expect American cars to be free, but the don't want to throw their money away either.

In 5 years a BMW or Mercedes will be worth 60% of sticker.
On the other hand in 5 years the typical Ford or GM vehicle will be worth 30% - 40% of sticker.