05 Mustang Police Cruiser...

ice1874193

Oct 17, 2004
My gf works in the mailroom for the town and said she saw a magazine to the police station trying to push the '05 Stangs as new police cruisers....Stang was on the cover

Anyone else hear about this?

• Sponsors (?)

I heard this from a DPS officer as well. I was at the car wash and he approached to look at the car, and made the comment that his department was looking at them as an interceptor. He said "I could work in one of these"

Ive heard from troopers here in fl that drive the camaros. there is a plan to have state trooper stangs for them since many of their camaros are getting near time to replace. I remember the old 5.0's that they had, they were fast. believe me, there will always be faster cars out there but like it was said, you cant outrun the motorola radio.

As for troopers here, they usually transport in their front seat since none of their cars have cages.

I look forward to having run (haha) against one of my friends who is a trooper that has a camaro, we've got a great place to do it and ill be sure to let you know how it goes....just waiting to get mine.

The average car is getting faster now, it is getting tough for crown vics to keep up. You can't pit a car if you can't keep up with him and with these new run flat tires going on everything stop sticks arn't going to stay as the easiest way to stop a chase. The new mustang seems like a great choice, plenty of power and enough weight to be able to pit without loosing control, plus if they don't put light bars on them like a lot of state police are doing right now they would be great at catching speeders, as no one expects an unmarked stang to be a cop. The mustang has been looked at as the replacement for the camaro for a while now. I know the Penn highway police have a few older Cobras as cruizers and they love them. :nice:

pyro_la said:
ive also seen an idea for a Ferrari Enzo police cruzer but do u honestly think it will go through? same with the stang. dident think so.

Ummm..... California Hwy Patrol used mustangs for years (fox body) I dont think it would be far fetched to have a couple mustang interceptors.... California has like 7 Camero interseptors