05 mustang v6 Tranny Noises

fordmstng66

Jul 26, 2006
Ohio
I have a 05 v6 stang, and at 12,000 mile the tranny is making a noise when in reverse. Sounds like a hissing sound almost like there is an air leak somewhere. Has anyne run across this problem? I also have a problem when shifting from park to reverse, and it takes a few seconds to actually lock into gear, and when i slow down, and hit gas again it seems like it slips before it catches. The Ford dealer says it is all norma, and not to worry about it. Any help would be great. I am new to the forum, and is great Thanks in advance.

• Sponsors (?)

fordmstng66 said:
I have a 05 v6 stang, and at 12,000 mile the tranny is making a noise when in reverse. Sounds like a hissing sound almost like there is an air leak somewhere. Has anyne run across this problem? I also have a problem when shifting from park to reverse, and it takes a few seconds to actually lock into gear, and when i slow down, and hit gas again it seems like it slips before it catches. The Ford dealer says it is all norma, and not to worry about it. Any help would be great.

At the very least, call Ford Customer Service and get your complaint documented - that way if it fails after the warranty period you'll have some recourse.

U know its funny I just bought an 07 V6 Auto Trans and when I reverse sometimes it hisses too. The thing Im noticing is only after the car is warmed up or after driving for a while. I am gonna have mine checked out i'll let you know what I find out.