05 mustang v6 Tranny Noises

Discussion in '2005 - 2014 Specific V6 Tech' started by fordmstng66, Aug 9, 2006.

1. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 New Member

I have a 05 v6 stang, and at 12,000 mile the tranny is making a noise when in reverse. Sounds like a hissing sound almost like there is an air leak somewhere. Has anyne run across this problem? I also have a problem when shifting from park to reverse, and it takes a few seconds to actually lock into gear, and when i slow down, and hit gas again it seems like it slips before it catches. The Ford dealer says it is all norma, and not to worry about it. Any help would be great. I am new to the forum, and is great Thanks in advance.
  2. shooterm1

shooterm1 New Member

At the very least, call Ford Customer Service and get your complaint documented - that way if it fails after the warranty period you'll have some recourse.
  3. The Fang

The Fang Member

Its either low on fluid or has a real problem. DON'T wait get it in! :)
  4. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 New Member

i have taken it in twice for this problem, and all they keep telling me that it is normal for the transmission.
  5. glewis29

glewis29 New Member

I'd say make them show you it happening in a couple other Mustangs before you believe that it's 'normal'.
  6. Mike97gt

Mike97gt it doe snot Mod Dude Founding Member

this does not sound normal to me.. I would try a different ford dealer or ask to have it looked at by the Field engineer.
  7. Mustang1967c

Mustang1967c New Member

U know its funny I just bought an 07 V6 Auto Trans and when I reverse sometimes it hisses too. The thing Im noticing is only after the car is warmed up or after driving for a while. I am gonna have mine checked out i'll let you know what I find out.