05 rear hit, won't start

psycobusa

Jun 16, 2007
hey guys, i bougt an 05 gt from an insurance auction. it was hit in the rear. not very bad, but it won't start. i know earlier stangs had fuel cut off switches in the trunk which would turn off the fuel pump if the car was hit hard enough. it was also resetable. i asked the dealership if the newer stangs had this and they told me they don't. i have looked all through the trunk area and only noticed some kind of sensor which is located inside the trunk just a little ways under where the trunk latch is located. it has a wiring harness which goes down and connects to the emissions stuff which is between the mufflers. this sensor doesnt have any switches for resetting so im not sure what exactly is causing the car not to start. no wires or fuel lines are damaged. hope someone can help. thanks

• Sponsors (?)

zeindog is right, check the switch first. Also the new mustangs have a module that drives the fuel pump. This module pulse widths the fuel pump. It is located to the left of the spare tire next to the rear of the trunk. Also is this a crank no start or no crank at all?

sorry for not getting back sooner. thanks for all the replies. im out of town right now but i will get back to you when i return to the car. i think the button under the kick panel will be the solution. the car turns over but doesnt start like its a fuel starvation problem.