05 v6 vs 03 silverado 4x4 lol

There is a guy on my local forum who says he beat an 05 v6 (automatic obviously, since the manuals arent out yet) from only 60-95 by 4-5 car lengths in his 03 4x4 silverado z71 RC 5.3 with exhaust i think. I told him the guy obviously wasnt racing, but he is taking that as me calling him a liar, and now we are in an argument about it. What do you guys think?

I mean seriously

4800-5000lb TRUCK with ~300/315
vs
3300lb car with 210/240

with the brick winning by 4-5 lengths to 95 from a 60 roll no less. The guy was clearly not racing. It would have been different if he would have said they were dead even..which would still be pretty impressive for that truck.

• Sponsors (?)

Kellyv602 said:
There is a guy on my local forum who says he beat an 05 v6 (automatic obviously, since the manuals arent out yet) from only 60-95 by 4-5 car lengths in his 03 4x4 silverado z71 RC 5.3 with exhaust i think. I told him the guy obviously wasnt racing, but he is taking that as me calling him a liar, and now we are in an argument about it. What do you guys think?

I mean seriously

4800-5000lb TRUCK with ~300/315
vs
3300lb car with 210/240

with the brick winning by 4-5 lengths to 95 from a 60 roll no less. The guy was clearly not racing. It would have been different if he would have said they were dead even..which would still be pretty impressive for that truck.

:bs:

The weight to HP ratio....get's em every time. Now the guy/gal may not have been racing, like you say. Just normal acceleration. But I'd be more inclined to believe it would be a tie at best. 4-5 car lengths makes me think something smells.

yea, i guess he thinks he knows it all because he has an 11 second cobra...seems like his way of thinking is "bigger motor always wins." Maybe the v6 was running on 4 cylinders.. :D

I doubt that truck could even put that many lengths on the pre 99 body style that had like 150 hp...4-5 lengths from just 60-95 is quite significant.

Kellyv602 said:
yea, i guess he thinks he knows it all because he has an 11 second cobra...seems like his way of thinking is "bigger motor always wins." Maybe the v6 was running on 4 cylinders.. :D

I doubt that truck could even put that many lengths on the pre 99 body style that had like 150 hp...4-5 lengths from just 60-95 is quite significant.

I also find it a bit funny he's bragging about beating a V6 in the first place. That's kinda like kissing your sister. :nonono:

Man...I was out in my mom's Chevy Caprice and I smoked this little Geo metro. I mean...4-5 car lengths from a rolling 55 MPH start. :rlaugh:

Pa Leez

I had a 99 v6(stock) automatic and my buddy had a teal 96 or so silverado with the 350 in it. He had straight exhaust(no mufflers or cats). I raced him from a 5mph roll and I even made sure he hammered it maybe a second before me. Anyway to make this short I smoked him in the end by about 3 car lengths (all the way up to 90). Here is how the race went.
5-35 he pulled on me
35-60 I was even then pulling from him.
60-90 I just kept pulling. I don't know what this silverado guy is smoking. I don't care how much more horsepower the new trucks have, his version is still way heavier than the silverado I raced. When your in a silverado and they kick down it sounds loud as hell, so he probly thinks he is going totally fast when he is really putting along. Don't make excuses on how this silverado shouldn't be racing v6's because I know for sure this guy will get smoked.

thanks for all the replies guys..keep em comming...any and all opinions. i want to show him this thread...he thinks im just arguing all this because i have a v6, but i would have argued with him about 4-5 lengths even if he said v6 camaro and i hate camaros. The fact is i know my car is not fast by any means, but too post something like that was ludacris...even though it may be an insignificant race.