07 stangs with GT appearance package on national backorder

This is related to my other thread... "am I getting screwed?"
I wouldn't have made a new thread, but I thought this was important info for people in thew same boat as myself.

I just spoke to the sales manager at the dealership.

ALLEGEDLY...
Ford has the 'stangs with the GT appearance package (which I ordered) on national backorder. He said he is supposed to get info on Thursday 6/22. Anyone else hear of this?

• Sponsors (?)

pics I found

In sharp contrast with what I just heard, here are some pics I found of a stang outfitted with the GT pkg, supposedly delivered a few days ago.

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 188
  • stang_scoop.jpg
    stang_scoop.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 256
Its probably close, but the black stripes and it being a shaker on the parnelli probably make it look less....lonely? I think the fact that its the same color as car and in the middle of such a stark hood that makes it seem especially small.

i dont doubt that the appearance package is on backorder. they did the same thing with the 18" wheels. they just did not have enough parts to put on the cars that are ordered.

I am starting to wish i would have ordered the california special package on my mustang since it is really only 1000 more since the wheels are included. Any idea how late in the order you can change these things or if you can at all ? I saw one on the lot yesterday at my dealer and the ground effects are nice. The two-tone leather is not too shabby either.

Gorilla68 said:
This is related to my other thread... "am I getting screwed?"
I wouldn't have made a new thread, but I thought this was important info for people in thew same boat as myself.

I just spoke to the sales manager at the dealership.

ALLEGEDLY...
Ford has the 'stangs with the GT appearance package (which I ordered) on national backorder. He said he is supposed to get info on Thursday 6/22. Anyone else hear of this?

I think you're getting screwed. I had that happen to me back in May. The good news is that I found a dealer who I can trust and my CS is headed here on July 8. It's getting built this week. Did you throw alot of $$ down on it or use an X-Plan? The other dealer I had a deal with was playing me for my deposit.:nono:

Find another dealer. Good luck!!

wtf do you want this car to be?? a mercedes? to keep prices in line, they have to leave a few things off the car. instead of complaining, lets focus on the positives of the car. something like....

"WOW, I have auto up & down for BOTH windows!!!!!!"

thank you FORD for providing this simple feature that i use EVERYDAY!