1 3/4" Headers too much, even on a blown 2V?

helty

some Ukrainian's enjoying a handjob via my credit
Mar 30, 2005
Baltimore, MD
Found a good deal on a set of headers, but they are 1.75" as opposed to the common 1 5/8" tube diameter. I wouldnt even think of buying them if I was staying N/A, but I plan on a Novi 2k or Vortech S-trim Mongoose kit sometime this year. Will these be too free flowing even with more air being forced into the motor? Will there be a significant loss of low end torque even with the blower (im guessing there will be)?

This, of course would be for my stock internal 2V. Im hoping to put down between 350-380 after the Mongoose kit. I wont mind losing a little down low TQ, cuz I want to keep my 4.10s with the centri, but I dont want to have serious lack of low end. Are there any other issues I should be aware of with the bigger diamter tubing? Will it cause and A/F issues :shrug:

Thanks bishes :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

on chevy's 1 3/4" and 1 7/8" primarys are for bigblocks a pretty wild small blocks so i would think you would loose a LOT of tq.... its somethign like every 1/8" = 400 rpm shift in tq... so if it was 4000 stock then its going to be at 4400... so if its 1 1/2 stock your looking at a fairly large jump in your powerband...

timeless2 said:
What PSI you going to run?
8-10 on the stock bottom end.

I figured it would be a big drop. I know a few companies make the 4V headers 1.75". I'll probably just hold out for something better. I just hate the idea of pulling LTs if I need clutch or tranny work :(

If they are a sweet buy and they will fit within the framework of future plans, grab them.

For now and the near future, I don't see a need if you will run 8 to 10 psi on the stock rotational assembly. And, it is likely you will be down on the bottom or back end if you are going to run her hard at the track. Just thinking ultra-conservatively for ya. :)

timeless2 said:
Just thinking ultra-conservatively for ya. :)
much appreciated. Its one of those things where its such a good deal I have a hard time wondering why I shouldnt buy them, but then again you're right, I dont really need 1.75"s. Future plans (long-term) include a single big ass turbo, so these wouldnt work anyway since Id need custom headers.

So I guess I'll just let them go.

timeless2 said:
Put that money in the bank (where the hottie works) and save it for a future build-up, the right way. :nice:

Good luck.
Will do. You know the irony in that? The queen just got a new job at the same bank! Now I'll have a reason to go in there :nice: