1/4 et's and hp for a blown 4 eye

zeusmoto

Feb 15, 2004
utah
hey guys just trying to see what you think about my mods and what kind of power im putting to the pavement. my mods are in my sig, and i have an aod, so i know i lose quite a lot of potential power so any guesses, my vortech runs at 11 psi

ALSO i was wondering how much horsepower an intercooler adds to your car, and how much it would drop your 1/4 times

• Sponsors (?)

what kind of engine is it? Also. think of the intercooler as a means to safety. It cools the air charge which allows you to run full timing and more boost. Thats how it makes more power.My blown 342 85 GT puts 516 to the wheels. My friend had a 100k 302 with stock cam and trockflow top end, he was putting 360 to the wheels at 3600 rpm before they shut the dyno down for fear of blowing the engine. That was with the D-1 I have on my car right now. You really shouldnt be running 11psi without an intercooler.

$15 and 2 hours at your nearest track can give you a good RWHP estimate of what the car makes. There are formulas all over the NET. Or spend the money and get the windsheild g-string thing that the others were talking about. Will give a nice ballpark figure.