1/4 times with new mods ??

myroc

Sep 23, 2003
I finally got all my mods and was wondering what you think my 1/4 mile times might be:The car is a 1990 7-up/limited edition vert.
BBK equal lenght headers/ flowtech H pipe/flowmaster cat back.
3000 stall/trango shift kit/3:73 gears.
Subframe connecters full lenght.
190lb Holley forced fuel pump.
BBK CAI (fender mount)/73mm CAL/70mm TB/70mm EGR/ Edelbrock RPM intake/Edelbrock RPM heads matched to intake/1.6 crane RR/2040 crane PowerMax cam/Edebrock timing chain/march under pulleys/ZEX 100 shot nitrous/and other stuff like Push rods and new roller lifters and gaskets etc.

Thanks myroc :canflag:

• Sponsors (?)

The key word that you need to think of is TRACTION.....you can have 9000 hp and no traction and get beat by a Topaz.

There are alot of variables:

How much does the car weigh?
Whats you elevation?
What are using for traction? (slicks, drag radials, or tires)
Do you have any suspension mods? (control arms or shocks)

I would say you have between 270-290 hp at the wheels without the Nitrous
So the 100 shot would put you at 335-345 at the wheels assuming the car is tuned good.

Need to know the weight of the car and method of traction before I will guess any times. HP is not the only way to run fast. Ive seen cars that weigh 3200 pounds with outstanding traction go 11.90s with 300rwhp. Ive seen heavy, no traction, 450 hp cars go low 13s because they cant get the power to the ground.

Yeah I meant high 11's with traction.....though your car probably weighs 3550 or more with you in it :shrug: Auto and vert is a bad weight combination...

David