1 Step Forward.........

65stanger

big blue fuzzy closet monster
Founding Member
.....sit and wait another week!

Rotors and calipers are on!:nice: FINALLY got the correct spindle nut kits this morning.
attachment.php

attachment.php

So that's done, I also wrapped them for the time being to minimize the weather's effect on them.

I also re-hung the fenders for the winter.......sheild my new front supension, etc., and "sally" will also "fill out" her winter dress better........:nice:

Tyres are NOW expected NEXT week........got an e-mail Friday stating that BFG was shipping to their central warehouse, then one week to the distributor and 3 - 4 days after that to me!
:banana:

Just a few small details left.................

Attachments

• FDisc.jpg
    FDisc.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 216
  • FDbr.jpg
    FDbr.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 208
  • Sponsors (?)

65stanger said:
.....sit and wait another week!

So that's done, I also wrapped them for the time being to minimize the weather's effect on them.

I also re-hung the fenders for the winter.......sheild my new front supension, etc., and "sally" will also "fill out" her winter dress better........:nice:.................
ain't she purty!:D

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sal09.jpg
    Sal09.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 202
You've definitely got a lot done this summer, I just think you're "prematurely encapsulating" for the winter. You should have at least a couple more weeks of decent weather to take advantage of!

Can't wait to see her with the tires and wheels on. My neighbour just put freshly painted Granada wheels on a '67 coupe and they looked damn fine!

I haven't wrapped her up yet, just getting ready to move on to other areas. Next up will be (trying) to clean all of the sand out of the interior and to finish pulling the underdash harness, etc.,

I've also got a backlog of "winter" projects........re-skinning pass. door, finish stripping/prepping and repainting the engine, clean up the tranny (~3" of sand all around the outside casing from LAST summer!).........

and BDT.....I ain't got no garage.......all my work is gravel driveway!:nono:

Yes, In upgrading my suspension and steering, I also managed ( Thanx again WORTH! :hail2: ) to scrounge up a complete set of factory original '65 Mustang disc brakes which I refurbished. I also did the "Shelby drop" and MC swap along with my "new" 8" rear.

Now that the chassis and suspension are essentially finished, I can start focusing on the body again.:nice:

OMFG! What a tale...........
E-mail late last week....they would be shipping first part of this week.
I replied on Monday morning, "You mean Monday 10/02/06?"
Them: "Ooops, now we can't find you in our computer....did you receive a credit on your CC?"
Me: "Yes, last week, NOW what???"
Them: (yesterday) "No problem, just go on-line and re-enter your order, tires are on the loading dock ready to go!"
Me: "Done! Order confirmation # _____!"
Them: "We ship today!"
Me: "WOO HOO!"

(insert :banana: x 100 here)

As of 6 a.m. this morning my tires are on a truck somewhere between Stratford, CT and Eastern L.I. with a scheduled delivery of................

TODAY!!!

(insert :banana: x 1000 more here)

Today, I bleed brakes while I wait the UPS man!

Sorry - we had our monthly meeting at the FH last night (I'm still overstuffed with Roast Beast and Garlic Smashed taters......) WE (rims, tyres and I) have an appointment FIRST thing tomorrow (Fri.) a.m. for mounting and balancing, and Saturday is the road trip to FFR.

Sunday is bleed the brakes, and wheels on sally day to be followed by her "Wheels Down" party (if all of the principles....my bud Jon, and Probie Joe {aka "06weiderstang"} can make it......)

I also need to pick up a couple of items tomorrow a.m. to prepare sally for her nap....................