10" rear rims???

phantom05

Nov 20, 2004
MD
Can anyone verify that 10" will fit the rear of the 05 with a 35 offset??
Would the offset have to be more toward 45 for a better fit inside the wheel well?

Any pics of 10" rims on an 05?

I returned my new rims yesterday because they came in with 25mm offset and that hits the calipers....I'm probably going to get another set of the same..But they will be custom made for me ..so I'm probably going to get just what I wanted made (staggered set 18x8 18x10) instead of staying with the 17x8 which I sent back.

Pic of the set I returned

• Sponsors (?)

I have 18x10 in the rear with a 22mm offset and they dont come anywhere close to the calipers. The rims do stick out a little bit but I think it looks bad a$$.

more

Attachments

• side2.JPG
    side2.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 727
zeindog said:
I have 18x10 in the rear with a 22mm offset and they dont come anywhere close to the calipers. The rims do stick out a little bit but I think it looks bad a$$.

I thank you for the pics and reply..But I can't understand how a +22mm offset can possibly fit an 05..
My 25mm offset hit for sure.....stock is 45mm and these are the specs for the 05 GT.....Bolt pattern: 5x114.3 (5x4.5) Offset: 30 to 45

A 1/4" spacer would make the 25mm work..but I didn't want to use a spacer.

Heres a pic of the rim hitting the caliper at +25offset.

It's good to know that 10" will fit...But since the next set will be custom made..I want to get this offset right.

His +25mm wheels are 18x9, so that spot where yours was hitting is an inch further away. You'd probably want about +45mm in a 10" out back. Up front, +35mm would probably look the best.

Mrgreen94gt said:
His +25mm wheels are 18x9, so that spot where yours was hitting is an inch further away. You'd probably want about +45mm in a 10" out back. Up front, +35mm would probably look the best.

Thats a good thought..I Hadn't considered the rim being taller might make it clear...also the shape of the back of the rim ..maybe would also account for it...Thanks :nice:

Im not sure why your wheels hit, mine are 18x10 and they clear by about an inch. It might be because they are deep dish, but its the same on the fronts and they are 18x9's.

I just went thru the hassle of putting wider wheels on my GT. 45 mm offset is obviously a must. I have 18 X 9/1/2" wide wheels on my GT with 285 X 40 X 18's in the rear, 255 X 45 X 18 in front. This combination seems to just be inside the wheel well by a scant 1/4". 10" would be pushing it but it looks flush on Turbochad's GT. Unless my GT is different than anybody's elses I can almost bet that a 305 would be ouside the wheel well. I did encounter a problem though, my front end shimmies at freeway speeds, not cool. I'll be going back again today to see if it can be fixed. If not I'm really considering doing 8" wide wheels in front. Turbochad do you have this problem??? Here's a few pics of my GT

Bill

the reason your front end shimmies

ExHemidood said:
I just went thru the hassle of putting wider wheels on my GT. 45 mm offset is obviously a must. I have 18 X 9/1/2" wide wheels on my GT with 285 X 40 X 18's in the rear, 255 X 45 X 18 in front. This combination seems to just be inside the wheel well by a scant 1/4". 10" would be pushing it but it looks flush on Turbochad's GT. Unless my GT is different than anybody's elses I can almost bet that a 305 would be ouside the wheel well. I did encounter a problem though, my front end shimmies at freeway speeds, not cool. I'll be going back again today to see if it can be fixed. If not I'm really considering doing 8" wide wheels in front. Turbochad do you have this problem??? Here's a few pics of my GT

Bill
your front end is shimming because they didnt do the wheel balance properly,, if you have them put it on the wheel balance wheel again you will see that the wheels arent completely balanced correctly. Make sure they didnt put a spacer in either. The wheels should be 18 by 9 for a correct fit. Also if the small cap flips off the front wheel. you can dent in the black cap beneath it, and it will stop it from flipping off. the correct size of tire is 255/45/18 with that wheel.