100 hp on diablo?With Diablo logo start up.

One of the mechanics at the ford dealer I know,told me after he played with my tuner on another stang that,somehow he brought up a screen that said he could install a 100 hp tune with a disclaimer and all.Since the tuner was already "locked" to my car (which we didn`t realize was the case at the time)He couldn`t install it.When he spoke to me about it a couple days later when I picked up the tuner.........he couldn`t remember how he managed to find it in there,but swears it`s in the unit somewhere and isn`t bullin me.I`ve since hooked it back to mine and tried every screen I can find but haven`t stumbled across it.Anyone know anything about this?Real curious about this.He said the tune would give 100 hp but would require tempurature gauge installed inside exhaust to operate.Could be a "load" but wanted any opinons.

• Sponsors (?)

full of crap, what a dope. don't you think MMFF & 5.0 and EVERYONE else would know this? heck yeah. if you could I would but you cant so let's quit dreaming.

There are some High Performance mod tunes on the DSP. but I agree about possible 100+HP gains. Doubtful.....

I would go to this thread: http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=535244

Leave Nick at Diablo Sport a message about it. He should know since he works for them. I have a DSP w/Steeda CAI and 91/92 Octane tune installed. Runs great! Also have a Borla Cat-back exhaust installed too. Great sound and all. Keep us posted....

He's full of ****. And if you believe him you need to learn about performance parts. 15-20 hp from a good tune....sure. When he said "100hp" I would have been rolling on the floor laughing.

I would bet he pulled up the 100hp diesel install page. I have the Preditor 100hp tune in my 04 F250 6.0 and that is what the screen says, they want you to run an EGT meter so you don't melt the motor down. BTW has anyone ever seen huge gains with a flash, chip, or programmer without it being for a boosted application, NO. I would say most people buy them for the other features like the part throttle response and off idle cleanup.

Gentlemen,

Not sure what the guy is looking at on the Predator, but there is no 100 HP tune for any gas vehicle that I can speak off. The Predator with a CAI on the 2005 GT picks up an average horsepower gain of 26-28 RWHP, on the SuperFlow loadable chassis dyno in our Florida facility on 93 Octane Mobil fuel.

We have seen more on many vehicles and less on a few, there is always the car to car variable, and dynos can differ as well as the atmosphere and altitude, where you live basically can effect the overall gains.

The ability to see 100+ HP gains at the rear wheels is coming in the form of supercharged applications hitting the market now. We are proud to be working with many of what we feel are the top tier Supercharger manufacturers in the industry, centrifugal as well as calibrations for twin screw applications are soon to come.

DiabloSport has also invested allot of time on nitros oxide applications for 2005 Mustang GT, if there are those who wish to spray, DiabloSport has it covered with custom tuning.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
DiabloSport National Sales Manager
[email protected]

We have not worked with Saleen, but could always work on any Mustang with any modifications.

We may need to address the PCM issue by replacing it with a new un-flashed unit to get the base calibration we would want to use to start with. We may have other options as well, but we need to make that decision when the time comes.

What kind of modifications are done to your Saleen?

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
DiabloSport National Sales Manager
[email protected]

I've got a regular GT, but I have a Saleen blower (and suspension kit) at home waiting to go on. I've been waiting for my Bassani exhaust cans (backorder) and Steeda CAI and Steeda-badged Predator (stolen from my doorstep Friday after UPS dropped them off) before I put the blower on.

I want to get the Predator first so I can save the stock map. I will probably install the CAI and cans, then map it, then have the blower installed and get a custom flash from the shop that installs it.

No please don't.

The calibration Saleen will flash into the PCM is not stock, and our calibration changes would be stacked on theirs and thats not safe. I can not say exactly what would happen, as we have not tried it, but I would not want to find out the hard way.

We would only feel safe starting with a factory stock calibration, which you may be able to get from your local dealer.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
DiabloSport Sales Manager
[email protected]

A DiabloSport can hold mutliple tuning files, correct? Is there anyway to get a Diablosport that has a couple blank files, so I can upload cleanly to it?

Here's what I want, if its doable.

1. Have my Ford stock tune in Diablo.
2. Upload Saleen's tune (for their supercharger which will be on my car).
3. Have my local tuner shop tweak my settings further, and save that as the third tune.

So, if need be, I can revert back to Saleen's "stock" tune, or if I remove the supercharger, go all the way back to Ford's stock tune.

Is this possible?

Thanks,
Toby

NickDiabloSport said:
No please don't.

The calibration Saleen will flash into the PCM is not stock, and our calibration changes would be stacked on theirs and thats not safe. I can not say exactly what would happen, as we have not tried it, but I would not want to find out the hard way.

We would only feel safe starting with a factory stock calibration, which you may be able to get from your local dealer.

Thanks,
Nick Spinelli
DiabloSport Sales Manager
[email protected]