100 Shot 97 GT vs 93 Notch with Cobra Intake & Boltons! N20 and N/A runs! 5.0 vs 4.6!

Speeds8erM-1

Founding Member
Sep 6, 2000
Pensacola Florida
Some runs from slow car nationals tonight. The Notch and 97 GT had ran before but not on video so we figured we would do a before and after video with the nitrous in the same night.

http://media.putfile.com/matt-vs-tim-n20

97 GT misses third on the bottle run, jams it back in, if it were a clean run it would have been alot worse probably. N/A they arent close and on the bottle they really arent close. Amazing what a little nitrous kit can do! :eek:

• Sponsors (?)

yea nitrous is cool but the fox really needs a more open exhaust and at least 3.73's...those 3.08s are ok if your looking to save gas.....but come on its a stang

wht93gtEd said:
wow...a 100 shot to pull a car ahead. Without missing third...2 cars...this clearly shows the notch superiority! lol

What race were you watching? He was ahead by 2.5 cars. Carlength = their front bumper on your rear bumper, anything between them is extra. The notch is still on it as he falls back also. The 97 GT can win by a solid 3-4 cars in a good race as the notch could pull harder n/a also, race was cut kind of short on the n/a.

lxwants12's said:
yea nitrous is cool but the fox really needs a more open exhaust and at least 3.73's...those 3.08s are ok if your looking to save gas.....but come on its a stang

Why does he need more open exhuast? It has headers, a prochamber and mac pro dumps? Bolton car doesnt need much more than that lol. 3.73's wouldnt have helped from a roll with his combo.

Speeds8erM-1 said:
Why does he need more open exhuast? It has headers, a prochamber and mac pro dumps? Bolton car doesnt need much more than that lol. 3.73's wouldnt have helped from a roll with his combo.

Agreed, gears arnt going to do anything from a roll. His exhaust is fine, that thing moves for just an intake manifold and full exhaust.

The 100 shot is doing a lot more than just pulling a car or two, the 94GT was walking him hard.

ill be honest i though i only read he had a cat back......i dunno and then when i heard the video it didnt sound loud enough ...guess im just used to my long tubes and x pipe.....still would take the notch any day over the 97

and i said gears cause he is in each gear to long....IMO

lxwants12's said:
ill be honest i though i only read he had a cat back......i dunno and then when i heard the video it didnt sound loud enough ...guess im just used to my long tubes and x pipe.....still would take the notch any day over the 97

and i said gears cause he is in each gear to long....IMO

Hahah, it is pretty quiet but I think thats the pro dumps, plus the prochamber does quiet them down some. I think it seems like he is in each gear too long just because it's a lower power car. He has run [email protected] MPH with a 1.96 60 ft though. I had a similar combo in my 88 GT with 3.55's, it FELT faster but all the shifts on the highway didnt seem to help when running some cars.

Some of my friend's cammed LS1's do pretty good on the highway because they stay in a gear longer but they are high revers, 6700 or so. I have seen cammed cars that make less power with 3.42's run with heads and cam cars making more power with 4.10's on the highway. It REALLY depends on who's sweet spot you go from when you have different gears and things dont match up for you.

look the 97 is gay........slow...or whatever......... and yeah man the bottle is what u need..........if i would have not missed third it would have been another car or two....hes my freind,and it was fun time and just seeing how big a difference the bottle makes

wht93gtEd said:
wow...a 100 shot to pull a car ahead. Without missing third...2 cars...this clearly shows the notch superiority! lol

dude my non pi car is the slowest 4.6 stang u can buy.......it only did 208 on motor:nonono:

and one car??? when the video ends is where he let off,and it looks more like 2 1/2 cars,with me missing third pretty bad