1000 for wheels need opinions!!!!!!!

chrisbudl1

Dec 21, 2003
springfield MO
I am wanting some 18's for my 97, with a H&R SS drop. Do you guys have any suggestions? BBS would be nice but $$$$$$$$$$ I was thinking of the motorsport r's or maybe the new konig trouble wheels, but I can't make up my mind. Any one have any picks of aftermarket wheels on a slammed 97 cobra? PLEASE HELP Thanks, chris

• Sponsors (?)

Hey Chris,
Right there with you man. I have a 97 also I just got and am looking for wheels and tires. The FMS Cobra R's are the ticket but just so dam expensive. With a drop and wheels and tires we are looking close to 2k for all of it. I am looking at Replicas now just to save some money. I like the FR500 with the polished lip and black spokes. You can get these from mustangtuning.com for like 170 ea. I priced 18in cobra r's for over 300 a wheel. Pitiful. Let me know what you decide. Check Ebay. Frank

hey frank, unless you plan to really drop your cobra stick with the prokit. I really don't hit any speed bumps or anything, but the H&R SS springs gave me around 2" atleast up front. And the stance is a little different than stock if you like the lines on the sides. just pm me if you have any questions, I probably searched for two months before I decided on my setup. I probably have 450 in s/s 240 in springs 200 c.c. plates, another 220 next week for bumpsteer, and ball joints. Thats discount and without labor or alignment. it adds up fast. Chris

Guys check out tirerack.com best prices I ever found on wheels and tires (new). I even have a buddy that works at a local tire chain and he can't beat their prices. I paid 2,000 for my FR500's 18" wrapped in BFG KDW2 already mounted and balanced sent UPS to the house. Very sweet. I love the way the wheels look. Since I put my blower on I had put drag radials on the back and they are even wider than the KDW's. I love my car.