12's = racing belts. Stock seats?

Jason 302

10 Year Member
Aug 9, 2003
Newark, Ohio
Is there any way to use racing belts (i.e. Simpson, G-Force, etc.) with stock seats? If I have to get seats also I'll get some good ones but I really don't want to fork out $600-$800 bucks for seats. How do the ones that aren't roll bar mounted bolted on anyway? On the back of the seat or something? I have a new motor ready to drop in and it MIGHT get me to the 12's, which is racing belt time according to NHRA rules I think, it will be close. It'll probably be slower, LOL.

• Sponsors (?)

Legendary said:
Not yet.

I say screw the pizza and beer and get that car in the 11's! Than re-post your question when you're done.

EDIT:

WTF cleanLX, you're in the 12's? :nice:

Yea, I have enough dough saved up to really make my car haul some ass, but I should do the responsible thing and save some for college plus my pops wanted me to "take it easy" on my first engine rebuild. I'm really starting to wish I got some AFR's but oh well. And yea, Mike's the man, high 12's low 13's on completely stock motor, I was goina make it my goal to catch him but gave in when I found a 5.0 motor for $350. I think a 13.40 is pretty good for a stocker, eh?