Thanks again guys...gives me more hope for 12s, and makes me want to hit them even more lol. As for the springs, I was shifting at 6K-6200 in every gear. I wasnt worried about them, didnt even cross my mind :shrug: . im pretty sure they will be fine. I even found out that I DO have a rev limiter, hit it @ 6500 when I missed 4th. (powershifted 3rd on one run and tried to do it on 4th...but just hit the invisible wall) I powershifted 3rd the last 2 runs because I screwed up the launch and wanted to get some practice in.

• Sponsors (?)

DerekStangGT said:
Cody, its about time! ive been searching for this thread since late wed night! congrats on the new time, but i called a 13.2......throw some respect my way too! :D anyway, i think whats holding you back the most are those wheels weighing so much, and your 60'. if you run a 1.9, youre at a 13.1 right there. i thought you had some DRs you were gonna use? those things will def help you out a ton! what were your other runs like? how many all night? and i didnt think pulling your headlight wouldn really help too much anyway since you already have that nifty "custom" ram air. you really need to do some suspension next too. get a nice set of LCAs. Scalder and i would suggest some HPM Megabite JRs, and others might say Pro 3i. those are the two i would suggest as both are adjustable for street/strip. you also need to lose some unnecessary weight, like spare tire/jack, and your pass seat. those together should save you close to 70lbs. maybe when i rebuilt my tranny and get a few more power mods, i'll run my car too

*throws respect...here catch* lol. J/K. I didnt remember that you guess 13.2 lol, so you were about right on also :nice: . I was going to run the DRs, but decided to make a full street trim pass to kinda see where I stood. next time im going all out :banana: . And I was thinking the same thing about my ramair already doing its part, and giving the car fresh cold air. LCAs would be nice, but im not sure if they will be on by my next run. Let me know when you go, I may be able to head out there too...I dont have engine building classes to go to. :rlaugh:

Yep, 3rd and 4th run I trapped 103.05...5th run I pulled the headlight and my trap was AGAIN 103.05 (talk about consistent shift points huh :rlaugh: ) . So I just left it out the rest of the night. I trapped 1-2MPH faster when I got a good launch, when i spun it would trap 102s. I used to think that spinning helped trap, but thats just not the case....just thought I would put that rumor to rest too.

:OT:
scalder, please please please make a thread about those stg II cams that youre getting! i was wanting some stg II's but could never talk to someone that got them. are you gonna dyno before/after? are you installing them or having a shop do it? whats the total cost, and how much is the shop charging just for install (if applicable)? tune? sorry for the rapid fire questions, but im excited for you!

Xcessiv said:
Usually beetween 98.5 and 100.5 mph...

Times are pretty accurate because I compared my car with other "typical low 13s ones" and it's always a close match (LS1, Stage II SRT-4 and so on).

I don't know, it does seem a bit Xcessiv.. :D

Seriously though, you should get a dyno.. Then you won't have to defend your driving skills. :nice:

hotmustang331 said:
^ No N20, just boltons and cams.

Nice ET/trap Jole, ESPECIALLY for a NPI. I assume you have the PI intake though because that is the main problem with those NPIs...that and cams.

yes intake and cams, all the mods are in the link in sig.

can't wait to run again this fall i've lost 40lbs off of ME, deleted rear seat, spoiler, and other mild wieght reduction. and added a 75mm and C&L.

hopeing to get into 12's with headers (hopefully to be bought and installed next month) which would be awesome because up here november is about the best time to run with cool, dry air.

on a better day, with better hook you will make 12's easily

about 5 months ago i ran a 13.193 at 105.87 60 foot was 1.880 if the weather clears out i will be going again tomrrow i am hoping for 12s i just got my headers put on to