13's bolt-ons

5.0stang_gt

May 8, 2005
hey guys before I start to do some motor work I want to reach 13's with jus bolt-ons includes spray and intake manifold. I am at 14.46 at 96.73 mph with a 2.099 60' time, with a auto mustang hatchback and i can't touch the tranny. I currently have a C&L MAF, CAI, 70mm TB, headers, x-pipe, exhaust, 1.7 rr. Also I don't want to have gears yet.

• Sponsors (?)

your approach to this is all wrong in my opinion. You've already got the mph for 13's. You'll pick up way more with gears and stall converter than you will with intake. Nitrous will get you there without bolting anything else on to the car. Maximize your traction, eliminate weight and use the power you already have with better gears and higher stall and you could be into the low 13's with the motor you already have.

also the time i gave you was without the rocker arms and im getting a msd ign. what do you think i could expect with those two.and from the post above i just want to maximize the performance with bolt-ons before going to gears and the tranny i can't touch because of a warranty.yeh im pretty pissed about that.

its doubtful you'll notice much from the rocker arms. A couple hp is usually all you'll see. The MSD may be a bit of overkill at this point. I'm still running my original distributor/coil with MSD cap and FMS wires and I'm in the low 12's.
Just to be clear, what year car are we talking about? Under warranty still?

well to make a long story short i got the car a lil while ago tranny blew 1 week after purchase so i went ahead and got a jasper tranny with a 3year/75,000 mile warranty. already I am in the 3rd one. dont know how i blew an auto but this tranny has been with me the longest so i think its a winner, just dont understand why the others went. But the rocker arms I noticed a big difference in acceleration because on the road I i could hit 80 mph between two points from stand still and now i can hit 83 mph. But i feel a stronger pull.

is that a performance tranny??? i'm surprised it doesn't already have a mild shift kit in it.......call them and ask them if they would allow any specific brand of shift kit....
do you know what gears are in the car already, just curious....
the stock durasparks are pretty good for most stuff, you might be better spending that money towards a manifold or something else...
yes they could tell if a shift kit was installed by looking at the valvebody.....you could be sneaky and get an aod valve body from a junker tranny, build that vb then swap it out for the stock vb if the tranny blew....but like i said i'd think that tranny would already have some performance parts in it but maybe not....don't know why a shift kit would void the warranty but......ask them...

its doubtful a shift kit would void the warranty and you could always take it out if something happened. It would also give you a chance to flush the fluid and change the filter.
What gear are you running now? What year is the car? How is the posi, still spinning both wheels or is one slipping a bit or not at all?
I was running 13.80's @ 97 mph in my car with a 3000 9.5" Edge stall, shift kit, 3.90 gears, 65 mm TB, 76 C&L, 1.7 rr's, shorties and some other minor bolt on's. Stock H/C/I. The biggest improvements in my times came from the stall and the gears.
You may want to get into the suspension. Upper and lower rear control arms will help alot with traction.