14.25 a good time for my combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually you got a lot of good info in here since your not giving any in return or anything about the car other then it's a gt40p combo.

There is more to racing then a fast car! Half of it is the nut behind the wheel and his ability to get it down the track in the quickest possible manner. And breaking **** is part of the game. If your not willing to take that chance you have the wrong hobby.

Do yourself a favor get seat time at the track.and answer the damn questions I asked and I'll tell you where to look to improve.

Btw
No on 90/10 go 70/30 it will be better on the street.
Control arms won't make it ride rough. And if your worried about a rough ride sell it and buy a caddy.
Don't go shorter on rears you have plenty of gear as it is.
sorry to get frustraded but serously dont believe dont believe someone is going to run 105 in my car when i only went 95. you dont pick up 50 hp with good driving. about the t5 thing. i told you how i drive my car and its lasted 6 months now. works just how it did when i put it in. i pulled it from the junkyard with 160000 miles on. i have a hard time when people tell me t5s are junk. i do believe if i had the correct throttle body and egr spacer and 90/10 in front shorter rear tires or 456 instead of 410s it would have ran a 13.5. i dont want to hear someones guess cuz i have been told numerous times that the stock fuel pump wont handle how much nitrous im running. i put a fuel pressure switch on my nitrous and ran it and its fine. what mods i did list is what i have. everything else is just how it is from the factory.

• Sponsors (?)

tombrown.jpg

a friend of mines LX... 100% stock T5 has made 100's of passes doing this
meh, I did that in my driveway two weeks ago.

Reactions: 1 users
Just to make my point for me... On a b303 stock E7s 373s 275/60 drag radials suspension exploder intake 65mm throttle body sn95 maf I trapped 107 on a bad pass. If your rocking stock throttle body and maf ditch that. Get a 255 LPh pump before you burn a piston. If you haven't already... What's your base timing ? What gas? Did you change springs on your P heads? What plugs and gap?

C'mon man...i'm not bashing you or anything, but over the 30 or so year life of the 5.0 Mustang, don't you think every single possible stock part has been pushed to the limits by someone? Have you ever heard someone say "don't run slicks on stock axles"? Have you ever wondered why they say that? It's not a guess...it's because someone snapped their axles and sent their car into the wall. You know why companies sell battle boxes to reinforce the torque boxes? Because people rip them off the subframe all the time. You know why companies sell aftermarket transmissions? Because T5s have been known to explode a gear on a missed shift on a stock 5.0. You're not really reinventing the wheel here dude...anything you've heard about a 5.0 breaking, you didn't hear it because some bench racer guessed about it, you heard it because someone took it to the track and broke it there.

As for the car going 14s with all the parts you have on it....like someone said, either you're inexperienced or something is wrong with the car. That's not an insult, that's the reality of the situation. That's the opinion of those of us who have been there and done it with the very same parts that you have on your car right now. What other possible reason could there be?? Do you live in a super super high altitude where the air is extremely thin? Where you racing against a 50mph head wind? Is your local 1/4 mile track built going up hill? Where you pulling a trailer? Does your car weigh 4000lbs? This isn't rocket science. Every combo you can think of for a 5.0 has been ironed out by someone, and your combo is a tried and true low 13 second combo, some have gone even faster. I know a guy right now who is running high 11s with ported GT40 production iron heads...you would not believe how simple his combo is. People call him a liar all the time. It's just a simple mix of parts that work right and a guy who drives his car with no mercy, leaves the line at 6k RPM and leaves nothing on the table. Are you driving like that?
i honestly cant see any 5.0 picking up almost 2 sec just from the heads and intake with no supporting mods. im not tuned stock exhaust. i just slapped them on. i think a problem could be the explorer valve spring. they dont feel like they float but i have heard they suck. im changing those out on saterday. anyway. the day i ran that it was close to 100 degrees. da was over 3000. track actually does go up hill. not very much though. it was at auto club speedway or california speedway however you know it. its closed now. honestly im not the best at launching that high of rpms. i launch at about 4000 rpm. i could improve there but that is a differance in 2 tenths maybe not a half a sec or more. and im sure the stock tb and mass sensors are holding me back alot. along with the stock headers and stock hpipe and the stock fan and stock pullys and the intake silencer. im just frustanted cuz every is quick to say im a bad driver when nobody realizes i just slaped those heads on without anything else. i didnt think it was bad that i picked up around 6 or 7 tenths with 400 dollars. i just wanted to see if im tripping or what others think or where i can improve. i dont think dropping my 60s by a tenth will give a sec at the quarter although im sure it would help.

Im sorry but reading your posts just make me angry.

You're smoking crack if you think a t/b and egr spacer, switching from 4.10's to 4.56!?!?! and getting a shorter tire is going to drop you from a 14.2 to a 13.5, especially if you're only passing through at 95mph. Something is wrong with your car.

Just to give another personal experience with a similar combo I ran a 13.1@104 with a 1.75 60'. That was with stock 170k bottom end, gt40p top end, 3.73 gears, 26" MT ET Streets in the rear and stock wheels and tires up front. Note this is on stock throttle body, stock EGR spacer, stock suspension from 1993. I couldnt tell you if its the car or the driving but your car should be going a lot faster than 95mph and the mods you plan on doing are not going to net you 10 more mph, or even 5, or even 2. And dear baby jesus please dont tell me you ran those times with the nitrous or we got problems.

i honestly cant see any 5.0 picking up almost 2 sec just from the heads and intake with no supporting mods. im not tuned stock exhaust. i just slapped them on. i think a problem could be the explorer valve spring. they dont feel like they float but i have heard they suck. im changing those out on saterday. anyway. the day i ran that it was close to 100 degrees. da was over 3000. track actually does go up hill. not very much though. it was at auto club speedway or california speedway however you know it. its closed now. honestly im not the best at launching that high of rpms. i launch at about 4000 rpm. i could improve there but that is a differance in 2 tenths maybe not a half a sec or more. and im sure the stock tb and mass sensors are holding me back alot. along with the stock headers and stock hpipe and the stock fan and stock pullys and the intake silencer. im just frustanted cuz every is quick to say im a bad driver when nobody realizes i just slaped those heads on without anything else. i didnt think it was bad that i picked up around 6 or 7 tenths with 400 dollars. i just wanted to see if im tripping or what others think or where i can improve. i dont think dropping my 60s by a tenth will give a sec at the quarter although im sure it would help.

I get all of what you're saying...but i'm no pro at this either, i've made maybe 50 passes in my life, and like i said my car was going 14.20s with stock E5 heads on street tires. I don't say that to one-up you, i'm just saying something is up with your car. You really don't need a dyno tune for GT40 heads, even with a cam in it. It would help to squeeze out every last drop, but it should still run way harder than stock. The day i put drag radials on my car, i went 13.80s without any other change to the car....still stock '85 long block, duel plane intake and a Holley carb, electric fan, headers/exhaust, 3.73 gears and that's it. I think i was even running the stock ignition back then. I only launched at about 3k because i'm not experienced on DR's and no matter what air pressure i tried they spun like crazy off the line. That same night i even blew out my traction lock right before i made the pass...you can even see in the video i did a nasty one wheel peel and ruined one of my radials.

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee275/EVIL85SSP/Mustang Pics and Videos/?action=view&current=Edgewater1382.mp4&mediafilter=videos

If i were you i'd start with a compression test. The valve spring thing is really only going to hurt if you have a big cam and you're running super high RPM. Also some other info about your pass would help like 60 foot times and such.

I get all of what you're saying...but i'm no pro at this either, i've made maybe 50 passes in my life, and like i said my car was going 14.20s with stock E5 heads on street tires. I don't say that to one-up you, i'm just saying something is up with your car. You really don't need a dyno tune for GT40 heads, even with a cam in it. It would help to squeeze out every last drop, but it should still run way harder than stock. The day i put drag radials on my car, i went 13.80s without any other change to the car....still stock '85 long block, duel plane intake and a Holley carb, electric fan, headers/exhaust, 3.73 gears and that's it. I think i was even running the stock ignition back then. I only launched at about 3k because i'm not experienced on DR's and no matter what air pressure i tried they spun like crazy off the line. That same night i even blew out my traction lock right before i made the pass...you can even see in the video i did a nasty one wheel peel and ruined one of my radials.

http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee275/EVIL85SSP/Mustang Pics and Videos/?action=view&current=Edgewater1382.mp4&mediafilter=videos

If i were you i'd start with a compression test. The valve spring thing is really only going to hurt if you have a big cam and you're running super high RPM. Also some other info about your pass would help like 60 foot times and such.
i cant find my slip. i believe they were around 1.90 60 ft. im not sure. my bottom end only has 60000 miles but maybe i should check it out. if my setup should run 13.5 as it sits then what should a bone stock 5.0 run. this one ran 15.0 at 92 mph bone stock. et could have been better but my tires were beyond bald on that day.

Im sorry but reading your posts just make me angry.

You're smoking crack if you think a t/b and egr spacer, switching from 4.10's to 4.56!?!?! and getting a shorter tire is going to drop you from a 14.2 to a 13.5, especially if you're only passing through at 95mph. Something is wrong with your car.

Just to give another personal experience with a similar combo I ran a 13.1@104 with a 1.75 60'. That was with stock 170k bottom end, gt40p top end, 3.73 gears, 26" MT ET Streets in the rear and stock wheels and tires up front. Note this is on stock throttle body, stock EGR spacer, stock suspension from 1993. I couldnt tell you if its the car or the driving but your car should be going a lot faster than 95mph and the mods you plan on doing are not going to net you 10 more mph, or even 5, or even 2. And dear baby jesus please dont tell me you ran those times with the nitrous or we got problems.
no. on the bottle the car is a monster. it will smoke 4th gear at 60 mph with a little clutch work.(street tires)

Just to make my point for me... On a b303 stock E7s 373s 275/60 drag radials suspension exploder intake 65mm throttle body sn95 maf I trapped 107 on a bad pass. If your rocking stock throttle body and maf ditch that. Get a 255 LPh pump before you burn a piston. If you haven't already... What's your base timing ? What gas? Did you change springs on your P heads? What plugs and gap?
10 degrees timing.(by the way that was my timeing without the bottle will that hurt? when i advance it the car seem to run wierd. not as crisp.) 91 octain chevron. i do have explorer spring and stock plugs and gap.

and on this run are you talking about a notchback? notchbacks are considerably lighter.

This thread should just burn, you ask for our opinion, we gave it to you, now you come up with excuses as to why our opinions dont match up with yours. Round and round we go.

why did you post anything if you are just going to be a dick

Cause I thought you were actually a person who was interested in what his results meant and how he can improve. We told you what that setup should run, what's not to understand? Let me list all the excuses you have come up with as to why your car is not running what everyone else is.

Stock throttle body
stock egr spacer
too tall of a tire
4.10 gears are too high
You have a hatch vs. coupe
Track is going up hill
Temperature was really high
Stock fan
Stock exhaust
Stock pullies
You dont have 90/10 struts
battery is in stock location
you dont have skinnies up front

What did I miss?

Cause I thought you were actually a person who was interested in what his results meant and how he can improve. We told you what that setup should run, what's not to understand? Let me list all the excuses you have come up with as to why your car is not running what everyone else is.

Stock throttle body
stock egr spacer
too tall of a tire
4.10 gears are too high
You have a hatch vs. coupe
Track is going up hill
Temperature was really high
Stock fan
Stock exhaust
Stock pullies
You dont have 90/10 struts
battery is in stock location
you dont have skinnies up front

What did I miss?
are you :leghump:ing kidding. i didnt say the track being up hill is a problem. yes it goes up hill but my car still runs faster there than it does at lacr. it was hot. you dont think all those parts listed above would help me out? and yes better gears or a better tire would help alot. im not close to optimum ratio. people forget that all these things make a differance. your a :leghump:ing prick dude.

Status
Not open for further replies.