16-17 june

Scooby5.0Doo

That's the fastest $400 car out there
Jan 9, 2003
beaverton
alright the time has come for this year. my race car will hit the track in competition for the first time. and i will see how the bmw stack up in the state its in now against completed miatas in ita

• Sponsors (?)

Cascade? I'll have to come out with my camera in case you go 4-byin'. :D
just cuz ive gone 4byin in my mustang going straight in turn 10 (not enough brakes) and exiting turn 7 in the rental pro3 (dont trail brake and down shift at turn in youll drift the corner) what makes you think the no horse power car will get me in that much trouble :D yes its with cascade they have a track day that friday. it is to late for me to get that day off though or else i would be there. to test the sway bars and new found power over the last time it hit the road course. its 4-5 mph faster in the 1/4 mile then before.

Nice going Eric, got pics of the build? Did you get the car caged, log booked, etc?

I've decided to build my own racecar as well, bought a rally already built before and it was a cancer, nothing but issues, so now I'm finishing the build up on my RSX for stage rally and it should be done in a few more weeks. Here's a couple of cell pics I got a few days ago.

cagetrunkzz9.jpg

doorbarscn5.jpg

I just went to my first driving school and now I am doing some lapping days at PR.
I want to do the same as you are. Maybe you can help me get started in novice racing.

Is it best to rent a car for novice racing, and where can you rent one.

i think it is best if you rent for your novice races. then you can drive different types of cars before you buy or build one. alot of the pro3 bmws if you help them they will let you rent there car for novice races. you want to look for the guys that do not rent there cars to make money. there are a couple of people out there that you can rent there car for less then 400$ if its just for the novice race. when I can drive my car here at PIR in to the 1:33 1:34 range i will start to rent my car out. i know here in portland there are a couple places that rent cars as part of there bizz now when you rent those cars they usually come will a crew that will help you and the car out for the weekend so all you do is drive but they are more expensive. at PR my ITA bmw should go around 120mph(110 bone stock) the pro3 bmws aproch 130. i think to buy a good ITA or pro3 you'll probly spend 10-12 for an ok complete car

some good pics and vids to bad the vids are all in the wet. i qualified 15 of 26 cars in my class 27 overall and finished 14th in class and 25th over all. best lap was a 1:36.4 i was 3.5 seconds off the leaders fast lap. i wonder if i fix being 125 lbs over min weight and running rain tries in the dry having a motor that is low in compression with 305,000 miles on it and having street drop springs instead of race springs all bushing of stock material will get me those 3.5 seconds back. :)