165 Afr's on a 351?

I am in the middle of getting parts to put together my 351. I have come across a set of 165's that have upgraded springs with port work.(Cheap) I have not bought a cam yet so thats still up in the air. As for the rest of the drivetrain I have a T-5 with the factory rear with a true trac and 3.55 gears installed. I would like to get around 350hp, do you think these heads will do it? The car is mostly street driven with mabye two trips a year to autocross events. Please let me know what you think and if you have an opion on a cam also I would apreciate it.

Thanks
Nathan

• Sponsors (?)

the 165's will choke the 351w at higher rpms. you can make 350hp from that combination, but it wont want to rev beyond 5000 or so rpm. you would be better off finding a set of world products windsor sr heads for what you want.

I think that'd make a great street combo. I'm sure you know that 165's are mostly intended for 302's but the extra cubes will make the most of that flow at lower rpm's. For street and autocross I think you'll find these or 185's make a nice setup. If you decide to go for HP and drag strip duty, I'd look elsewhere.