17" or 18" Shelby wheels?

I am about to buy some Shelby wheels for my GT. I cant decide if I want 17 or 18" wheels. The 17s are 17x9 and the 18s are 18x9.5. What are the biggest tires I can put on each without rubbing issues? Will the 18s fill the wheelwell better or will there really be a noticable difference?

• Sponsors (?)

Why would you port and polish a MAF?:shrug:

:shrug:

There will be a noticable difference, including in your wallet. As far as "filling the wheel well", you can do that with any size rims as long as you pick the correct tire sidewall height.

I think I've seen around here that 315 in the rear is the biggest you'd want to go with either of those (275 for the 9" rim may be best imo, and definately no bigger in the front).

I like 17" on my car, it just seems to me any bigger looks funny on an American "muscle car". Bigger rims are also heavier and SHOULD be set up with larger-than-stock brakes.....and the rubber is cheaper on smaller rims too!

I have some 17x9 with 255/40 up front and 17x10.5 with 315/35 in the back. People sometimes go with 275 up front. Some get rubbing, some dont.

And chickstang, when he says filling the wheels well he is referring to width wise, not height.

Saw a how to on some site. I had time on my hands so I did it. It is the stock MAF, the thought being opening it up a bit. I spent six hours on it and got nothing from it. zZ- i guess the same reason you would custom bend an H pipe. That makes no sense to me but thats the cool thing, sometimes you just gotta try something once you get it in your head.