specialvteam

Oct 15, 2004
Minnesota
When are the 18" wheels going to be available? I think the

standard wheels look great :nice: but the optionals look like crap. :notnice:

I think most people feel the same too, and we are not going to see a lot

of the optional wheels. :shrug:

I think we are going to see a lot of aftermarket 19 and 20 inch wheels

on these GT's if ford doesn't do something different with wheel selection.

Ford should be reading the negative responses to their wheels and

get with it ASAP. Maybe they are trying to spread out sales through

next year. :bang: I want them now!!

1993 red cobra 18,000 miles
mac exhaust the only mod
want it?

• Sponsors (?)

I agree. I am holding off my order until the 18's are available. I talked to a Ford rep and he said they were just working things out with suppliers, but he wouldn't say when that will be. I really hope it is soon, and if anyone knows more, please post it.

According to the 05 brocher I have (my dealership finally has these in, but no cars) the bullet looking wheel is the standard 17" for the gt. It's a pretty sharp looking wheel. I'm not wild about the 17" "bright machined-aluminum wheel.

The 16" "bright machined aluminum wheel with chrome spinners" available for the v6 is also a look I like a lot. Kinda Shelby Cobra reminiscent. It would look great in 19" wheels.

The 18's were supposed to be ready for the 2005 launch, but a manufacturing delay caused them to abandon, temporarily, the 18" option. The 18's will become an option across the board on GT's in Mid-Feb when the convertible comes out.

I believe they will be out for the next model year, from what I have seen though the wheels out now look better. I havent seen the production 18's but the 18's on the Car&Driver Mustang (Feb. 04) werent that nice.
Wide five-spoke chrome things, but the production ones may be different or just better. :shrug: