18in Cobra R's

40th Sonic GT

Mar 25, 2004
louisiana
My car still has the factory suspention. I have 16in Pony wheels and I want to go 5 lug and get 18 x 9 2000 chrome Cobra R's. My question is, how low can I lower my car without having rubbing issues in front or back? I would like to get a pro kit and some tokico shocks/stuts. Also, if I can't find a 94 or 95 mustang to get the rotors/spindles from, where could I get new, semi cheap rotors/spindles from? Do the auto parts stores carry all the nessasary equipment?

• Sponsors (?)

The 94-95 spindles are available ony ebay and www.car-part.com This is a national locator for JY parts. I used JY parts for my notch. You can also buy the 94-05 calipers, but if you want better stopping power buy the 99-04 PBR's. Both calipers use their own specific caliper brakets but they both use the same rotor.

If you don't want to go that route buy some Mark VII rotors and use your stock brakes.

As far as the springs, I would get the 5 lug swap and the wheels installed first. See how much room you have to play with and go from their.

The 94-95 spindles are available ony ebay and www.car-part.com This is a national locator for JY parts. I used JY parts for my notch. You can also buy the 94-05 calipers, but if you want better stopping power buy the 99-04 PBR's. Both calipers use their own specific caliper brakets but they both use the same rotor.

If you don't want to go that route buy some Mark VII rotors and use your stock brakes.

As far as the springs, I would get the 5 lug swap and the wheels installed first. See how much room you have to play with and go from their.

Ok. I'll check that out. So if I have the spindles, rotors and calipers, what other parts do I need from a mustang? I read something about a banjo bolt.
I'm not sure the Lincoln rotors will work with the 2000 cobra R's because of the dustcap or something and I don't want to use spacers. I'd rather just go with the sn95 set up. Thanks!