18x10 with SS drop

02gt4u

Aug 9, 2002
CALIFORNIA
Hi guys,

I just bought some 18x10 Saleen reps. I was just worndering if I put
285/35/18s , will my rear fender wheels eat up my tire. I got H&R SS springs with Bilstiens shocks. Pllease give me your inputs. I plan on putting them on as soon as I get jmy tires. Another question you think its too low of a drop and should I get different springs? Any input would help . Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Nope WRONG.

saleen replicas actually sit a lil further out than even the 10.5" wide rims because of their offset. the authentic saleens sit further in the fenders than the replicas even tho they are the same size. I love the look of my saleen replicas because they sit almost even with the rear fenders, but if you dont roll the fenders, they will eat up the tires when pulling into driveways at diagonaly angles. Take it from me...I had just 100 miles on my brand new BFG KD 295/35/18s and my drivers side one was torn to shreds forcing me to buy another at $320 :nonono:

tomustang said:
Nope, they're fine with a 2in drop :nice:
No they're not. is that why my drivers side $320 tire was shredded only after 2 weeks of driving? I came on here asking the same question about half a year ago and everyone told me they would be fine, but they did NOT fit without rubbbing. Saleen replicas sit further out than most other 18x10's.

02gt4u said:
Hi guys,

I just bought some 18x10 Saleen reps. I was just worndering if I put
285/35/18s

tomustang said:
Nope, they're fine with a 2in drop :nice:

TrueBlue03 said:
No they're not. is that why my drivers side 320 tire was shredded only after 2 weeks of driving?
Last time I checked there was big difference with 285 and 320, 320's :scratch:

i meant $$$320 tire. LOL sorry bout that.

This is with my sportline springs in back.
--->>Take a look at my rear fender clearance with 295/35/18's on my 18x10 saleen replicas:

driveway_diagonal.jpg

pretty damn close if you ask me. and one of my rear tires was shredded because of it (before i rolled the fenders)

TrueBlue03 said:
This is with my sportline springs in back.
--->>Take a look at my rear fender clearance with 295/35/18's on my 18x10 saleen replicas:
pretty damn close if you ask me. and one of my rear tires was shredded because of it (before i rolled the fenders)
Now this happened with your sportlines on right? Yss once and a while i'll hear that sportlines end up sagging but there's still room to run a wider tire in the rear with no problem, I'm suprized my sportlines have lasted as long as they have. Must be a newer defect because i've seen it happen more recently

tomustang said:
Now this happened with your sportlines on right? Yss once and a while i'll hear that sportlines end up sagging but there's still room to run a wider tire in the rear with no problem, I'm suprized my sportlines have lasted as long as they have. Must be a newer defect because i've seen it happen more recently
i sure as hell didnt have enough room to run a wider tire :shrug: i had literally 0.75" of clearance in back. i was so unhappy with my sportlines. that pic was with the sportlines in the rear and a full tank of gas. with 2 people in it, you shoulda seen how low it sits back there.