Status
Not open for further replies.

ras50gt

Oct 25, 2005
I got a 1967 coupe....Light blue with vinyl top, 289, automatic. I bought this from a friend who bought it from a little old lady a few years back. The engine is currently not in the car because had to replace the flywheel.Engine is all original numbers matching. Body has near to no rust, dent the size of a soccer ball was prefessionally repaired and is in primer. Has new wheels/tires. Larger size wheels/tire combination rub the front fenders during large turns/u turns-some paint right where the tires touch has chipped, slight surface rust wher paint is gone. The rest of the paint is in good shape. Vinyl top is perfect condition, all windows are good. Rear bumber has a dent and rear valance is bent in a little bit. Interior is clean, has original center console and map light. Drivers seat has rips and back seat is torn on top. Exhaust was copletely done, long tube hedmann headers flowmaster mufflers- sounded mean. I wanted to get her back up and running but time is hard to come by with work and will be going back to school. I also need to pay for school so sorta looking to see how much i can get for my baby. Looking on craigslist and other car ads, i see a lot of classic mustangs going for well over 2k that are full on projects, have lots of rust, need a lot of interior work, or the bodies are torn up. Im not sure about what to ask for seeing how the engine is pulled. Kinda wanted to get an idea on how many people would be interested. If i sell, it will be local pick up only.... California.

• Sponsors (?)

Any ideas on value? What a good set price would be? The mustangs in my area seem to be going for a lot considering condition. Also wanted to add the engine has 65k original miles....

It depends on a lot. Show us some pictures.

The thing you have to watch for - are the mustangs in your area SELLING for a lot - or are the owners just ASKING a lot. I say this because it has become very popular to buy/sell classic cars in attempts to make a buck - the most common tactic is to list them for insane money, then "take an offer", which usually also ends up overpriced.

Status
Not open for further replies.