Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0054.JPG

Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

31st huh? Jeez Mike, sorry you got to go through so much crap. Six months! Jeez!

I hope it goes well for you my friend.

The monster is getting close, think you'll get to drive it before the surgery?
Things change around here in a NY minute.

I get a call from the Dr's P.A. yesterday. She tells me that after submission BCBS will cover 100% of the surgery, and the expected therapy sessions excepting the deductible (Naturally). But states that until I meet that deductible, or make arrangements w/ the Dr's office to pay it, the surgery cannot be scheduled.

"How much is the deductible?" I ask.

"$3983 remains,..over the last year, you have only paid $927.00 of the 5000.00 deductible you chose for your major medical."

I have a 5000.00 deductible!

It's the wifes' insurance provider,.....she chose that deductible.

I call my insurance provider (I elected to include short term disability when I was hired here) That provider informs me that missed work as a direct result of a scheduled procedure that are based on a "pre-existing condition" will not be reimbursed.

I'll probably be off for a month.

So,...Bottom line is that I have to wait till my one year anniversary of employment to have the short term disability benefit,...and I have to have my wife check into how much the premium goes up if she modifies her deductible (if she even can) to a more reasonable number.

The surgery has been postponed as a result. Now, I get to endure the bad knees for 5 more months.

Things change around here in a NY minute.

I get a call from the Dr's P.A. yesterday. She tells me that after submission BCBS will cover 100% of the surgery, and the expected therapy sessions excepting the deductible (Naturally). But states that until I meet that deductible, or make arrangements w/ the Dr's office to pay it, the surgery cannot be scheduled.

"How much is the deductible?" I ask.

"$3983 remains,..over the last year, you have only paid $927.00 of the 5000.00 deductible you chose for your major medical."

I have a 5000.00 deductible!

It's the wifes' insurance provider,.....she chose that deductible.

I call my insurance provider (I elected to include short term disability when I was hired here) That provider informs me that missed work as a direct result of a scheduled procedure that are based on a "pre-existing condition" will not be reimbursed.

I'll probably be off for a month.

So,...Bottom line is that I have to wait till my one year anniversary of employment to have the short term disability benefit,...and I have to have my wife check into how much the premium goes up if she modifies her deductible (if she even can) to a more reasonable number.

The surgery has been postponed as a result. Now, I get to endure the bad knees for 5 more months.
Damn! A little good and alotta bad!

Well, I guess you'll have the monster done (hopefully).

Reactions: 1 users
Damn! A little good and alotta bad!

Well, I guess you'll have the monster done (hopefully).
Yeah,...one of our friends asked me when It would be done now given that I'm not going to surgery,...now there's nothing in the way from some day in November being the day the Monster gets slapped on the ass and is born.

I'm already scheming a way to get a new set of con rods though. The Monster has a pitiful set of stock rods (although prepped w/ good bolts, beam polished, and bushed) But they are woefully inadequate if I'm to be able to truly lean on the boost. Having already found a good MLS gasket in Australia, I was also linked a part number last week to a great set of H beam rods that are rated to 1200 HP (also in AU) that I should be able to get here for about 550.00
s-l500.jpg

They are a direct swap for the ones currently in the engine, maybe only needing some pin end honing to fit my pin. Right now,..it's my main concern as the limiting factor to doing anything more w/ the engine above 10 P.S.I., and 5500 RPM.

For now through spring I'll keep the motor buttoned up though. Depending on the next few months, and how it runs/feels with those restrictions I may or may not change a damn thing.

Reactions: 7 users
Another one of my "what I plan to do" updates.

Today, I'm walkin out of here at 3:30. That should have me in jeans around 4PM in the garage. I really want to get the door bar finished. If I can do that, I'll be able to prime and paint it and let it dry for assembly tomorrow. If I can do that,...Tomorrow the whole door will be done. All that's really left to do after that door bar is done is to put the glass in,...install the dew wipes, and put the panel and bar on.

So here's to hopin'.:cheers:

Reactions: 5 users
Well,....I didn't get done all that I wanted to, but I got alot done nonetheless.
20161022_192715_zps2l3tmfww.jpg

This took 3 hours to do. In order to understand what your looking at so that you can appreciate what I'm talking about here,
This is all done by hand. The trim bands are 1/8" x 1/4" steel. The mesh is probably 3/32" perf'd mild steel as well. There are duplicates of the trim bands welded to the bars. All of it had to be bent the same. I have two bolts that I use to do that with. I stick the steel "bar stock" in between the two bolts, and bend that stuff a little at a time until it starts to follow the inside radius.

Needless to say,..it takes a minute.

But it's done. I still have to recess the screw heads, and take it all apart. I have to weld the armrest pad in place, and that door bar will be ready to clean and prep it for paint.

Reactions: 10 users
I put the window regulator in the door, and put the glass in. ( actually, I "bolted" the glass to the regulator, and I "bolted" the regulator to the door. All of that was riveted originally. Now it's not. It was a btch trying to a wrench on the nuts to tighten the bolts, but I managed. I also got the center trim piece installed on the panel, and popped the panel on. I smoothed, primed, and painted the door bar, but it wasn't dry enough to handle by end of day, so obviously I couldn't install that. I'll be able to finish all of that before my day off on Wed.

After the door panel is complete, all that's left of the interior will be to figure out what to do for end caps on the dash. I already have a working solution, I just gotta trim it out, and duplicate it. I'll have my entire custom interior done then.

Reactions: 9 users
I put the window regulator in the door, and put the glass in. ( actually, I "bolted" the glass to the regulator, and I "bolted" the regulator to the door. All of that was riveted originally. Now it's not. It was a btch trying to a wrench on the nuts to tighten the bolts, but I managed. I also got the center trim piece installed on the panel, and popped the panel on. I smoothed, primed, and painted the door bar, but it wasn't dry enough to handle by end of day, so obviously I couldn't install that. I'll be able to finish all of that before my day off on Wed.

After the door panel is complete, all that's left of the interior will be to figure out what to do for end caps on the dash. I already have a working solution, I just gotta trim it out, and duplicate it. I'll have my entire custom interior done then.
Woohoo!:banana:

Reactions: 1 user

From the world of aviation I'll add 2 words to your vocabulary:
1.) Rivnut
flathead.gif

Tool to install them... http://www.harborfreight.com/45-piece-threaded-insert-riveter-kit-1210.html
image_18300.jpg
cost $22.
The real Goodyear aerospace tools are much more expensive http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/speedriv.php $136

2.) Nutplate
sample3_large.jpg

Use 3/32 solid rivets or pop rivets to fasten them to the part

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
From the world of aviation I'll add 2 words to your vocabulary:
1.) Rivnut
flathead.gif

Tool to install them... http://www.harborfreight.com/45-piece-threaded-insert-riveter-kit-1210.html
image_18300.jpg
cost $22.
The real Goodyear aerospace tools are much more expensive http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/topages/speedriv.php $136

2.) Nutplate
sample3_large.jpg

Use 3/32 solid rivets or pop rivets to fasten them to the part

I've used the riv nut gun before, and had I had that thing, and the assortment of inserts required to do what I have done, those things would be every where. When ever I had to do something like that, I always just welded a nut to a plate, and either welded or riveted that plate in place,...so In essence I was already doing it the hard way.

The window itself has a bushing that the nut had to tighten against, so I wouldn't have been able to use nothing short of what I did. And trying to get that big assed rivet gun in there to crush the type of rivet Ford uses to hold glass on just wasn't gonna happen. I used locking nuts, so I'm hopeful that they wont back off.

(just like the locking nut that is holding one of my link bars to one of the roller lifters in my engine,...I'm hoping that won't come loose either.)

Reactions: 4 users
Three weeks ago, I thought that I was going into surgery to have both knees replaced. I stated that it would be my objective to try and get the passenger side door panel and bar completed in light of that. I stated that I thought it was about 5-7 days work. In lieu of the fact that I worked 5 days and had two days off each week, I estimated that I'd barely get the thing done before the 31st, but given that there was 6-8 off days between then and now, I thought I could do it.

I laid out a plan detailing what each step of the process should take time wise. It all checked out.

Only problem is,....my estimates, and reality rarely coincide.

Except this time.

SAM_0573_zpsih69jzny.jpg

SAM_0575_zpsyptnfqvb.jpg

All this progress, and I still got a day to spare!

I'm sorry, but this calls for a Simpson dance.

giphy.gif

Now While all that sounds like a god thing,..............this creates a real problem for me however........

I'll just sit in the car. I don't even need it to run. I'll just sit there and make engine and transmission shifting noises. I may even move the steering wheel slightly for the full effect.

One thing I have noticed is that the "cabin" is very tight. Unless I just forgot how "compact" a fox actually is,..it seems really small to me in there. Even the rear seat space seems like it aint there (which I thought was more considering a FM has a 5" longer WB).
But I'm here to tell ya,....It's all good. It's a freakin cool space. And I don't mind braggin',..(out of character for me I know).......If you didn't know what car this thing was originally, and you just ended up inside it,...you'd have no reference for what it used to be other than the ford emblem on the steering wheel. The only things that would give the car away are the kicks, and the rear quarter panel trim pieces,...they are the only thing that hasn't been modified in the interior.

In the pics you'll notice (maybe) that the bottom covers are still YTB installed. #1. I gotta make sure that my PC will connect to my MS via the bluetooth adapter I installed (it already has,....I just wanna be sure) and #2, In case I have forgotten some wire or circuit. Once the bottom pieces are screwed in place, and the trim piece is screwed on top,..it'll be a pain in the ass to have to take all that junk apart if I missed something.

Still left to do are the end caps...

SAM_0576_zps4lhxbczn.jpg

Right now,..the plan is to just build a plate that will be padded and upholstered the same as the dash,..the only hitch I see is how to blend/cap the sharp edges of the cut off top, and bottom pieces.

But,...that's what Sunday is for. That,..and installing the fuel filler neck/door system, and the tank vent. Once that is done,..all I got are sway bar end links, and that damn engine oil leak,...where ever that is coming from.

And that splice that I made when I ran out of leather doing the door panel?......You barely notice it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
Status
Not open for further replies.